Eco friendly Bed & Breakfast Il Richiamo Del Bosco (which means The Call of the Woods) is located in an enchanted house immersed in 1100 hectares of trees and meadows of the Boschi di Carrega Regional Park in Sala Baganza, Italy. Ecological architecture and contemporary creativity merge in this unusual B&B, on a hill offering the view of a splendid skyline of the city of Parma. The owners wanted a house that is in perfect harmony with the surrounding environment. Therefor the house was restructured according to the criteria of bio building and energy saving. The materials used for furniture and construction are local wood and silver quartzite, the stone of the Alto Adige region. By making the most of the life cycle of the products, they have given second hand objects and production waste a new function and a high-level aesthetic. Thus unmatched drawers have taken on new life by becoming book shelves, the door of an old wardrobe today is now a bathroom mirror, and part of a discarded blackboard serves as the front panel of the stove hood. Guests are welcomed with locally produced Parmesan cheese and a breakfast with sweet and savory organic products is served every day. For more information and bookings you can visit Il Richiamo Del Bosco’s website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES
- ILSE CRAWFORD DESIGNS FOR IKEA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: AN ECO FRIENDLY B&B IN ITALY
- VINTAGE INSPIRED BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL & ECLECTIC HOTEL IN KNOKKE, BELGIUM