ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A SCANDINAVIAN STYLE APARTMENT IN ST. PETERSBURG
- COZY UP YOUR HOME FOR FALL & WINTER
- A RENOVATED FARM IN SOUTHERN SWEDEN
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE LIVING ROOM
- THE TRAVEL FILES: DESIGN STORE TOTOKAELO IN SEATTLE
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A CONTEMPORARY MOUNTAIN RETREAT
- OLIVES & MORE IN AMSTERDAM
- A MODERN & BRIGHT APARTMENT IN BARCELONA
- DIY PROJECT: FREE PRINTABLE DAILY REMINDERS
- NEW IITTALA COLLECTION
We have had beautiful weather here in The Netherlands this weekend. It has been snowing and the sun was shining. Ice was thick enough to skate so many people went outside on their skates. The winter wonderland images above and below were taken in our village in Waterland, The Netherlands.
The top picture shows our house and backyard in a winter setting. The image below is the view from our living room and backyard. As you can imagine we have had a wonderful weekend. I hope you have been enjoying yours as well!
I love things made from wood and these beautiful rustic items from Etsy shop Gray Works make my heart beat a little bit faster.
The Milkmaid stool is a variation of the traditional three-legged milking stool. Gray Works has updated the design with quirky but steady asymmetry for a style that works everywhere from modern, to rustic, to farmhouse retro. The seat is hand hewn, and the legs are turned in their shop.
The gorgeous wooden cutting boards /serving platters can be personalized with a custom engraving. They make a wonderful present!
Humanoid is one of my favorite Dutch fashion brands. They have some beautiful, fresh colours in their Spring Summer 2012 collection. It is pretty cold in Holland at the moment but I have summer on my mind!
(images from Humanoid)