Marijke Arkley is an emerging textile designer based in Sydney, Australia. During her study Textile Design Marijke discovered her love for weaving, a love that has only grown since buying her own loom. It’s at her loom, that she brings to life her beautiful and unique pieces. All pieces are individually designed and hand woven by Marijke herself. Her aim with each piece is to bring a contemporary look to an ancient craft. Marijke predominately uses natural fibers to create not only a beautiful look but also a luxurious feel. No two cushions are identical, reflecting the true nature of the handmade and hand woven.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- WINTER WONDERLAND FESTIVE MOOD
- A BRIGHT & COZY ATTIC BEDROOM
- FUN FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAGS
- TOUR AROUND OUR HOME: HANDRAIL MADE OF BRANCHES
- DIY PROJECT: ILLUSTRATED BIRCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- DIY PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN STYLE CHRISTMAS TREE
- A BEAUTIFUL & MINIMALISTIC DESK BY RAFA KIDS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A MODERN HOME IN GIRONA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME ON IBIZA
- 10 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WORK SPACES