Marijke Arkley is an emerging textile designer based in Sydney, Australia. During her study Textile Design Marijke discovered her love for weaving, a love that has only grown since buying her own loom. It’s at her loom, that she brings to life her beautiful and unique pieces. All pieces are individually designed and hand woven by Marijke herself. Her aim with each piece is to bring a contemporary look to an ancient craft. Marijke predominately uses natural fibers to create not only a beautiful look but also a luxurious feel. No two cushions are identical, reflecting the true nature of the handmade and hand woven.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- DIY & CRAFTS: PINEAPPLE PILLOW PATTERN
- DIY & CRAFTS: HAND MADE MAXI BAG
- THE TRAVEL FILES: ACE HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES