Marijke Arkley is an emerging textile designer based in Sydney, Australia. During her study Textile Design Marijke discovered her love for weaving, a love that has only grown since buying her own loom. It’s at her loom, that she brings to life her beautiful and unique pieces. All pieces are individually designed and hand woven by Marijke herself. Her aim with each piece is to bring a contemporary look to an ancient craft. Marijke predominately uses natural fibers to create not only a beautiful look but also a luxurious feel. No two cushions are identical, reflecting the true nature of the handmade and hand woven.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- BEST HOME DECOR ITEMS BY URBAN OUTFITTERS
- A SCANDINAVIAN APARTMENT WITH A VINTAGE TOUCH
- A STYLISH VACATION RENTAL IN MONTAUK, USA
- 20% OFF ANTHROPOLGIE HOME DECOR ITEMS
- 20% OFF HOME ITEMS AT ANTHROPOLOGIE THIS WEEKEND
- TINY PAPER HOUSES BY JURIANNE MATTER
- PRETTY IN WARM & COMFORTABLE CASHMERE
- A FABULOUS COUNTRY HOUSE IN OJAI, CALIFORNIA
- MAGICAL SEA CREATURE LAMPSHADES BY VASILI LIGHTS
- AN AUSTRALIAN GUEST HOUSE IN A COASTAL FARMHOUSE