Marijke Arkley is an emerging textile designer based in Sydney, Australia. During her study Textile Design Marijke discovered her love for weaving, a love that has only grown since buying her own loom. It’s at her loom, that she brings to life her beautiful and unique pieces. All pieces are individually designed and hand woven by Marijke herself. Her aim with each piece is to bring a contemporary look to an ancient craft. Marijke predominately uses natural fibers to create not only a beautiful look but also a luxurious feel. No two cushions are identical, reflecting the true nature of the handmade and hand woven.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA COOK HOTEL ON RHODES, GREECE