Marijke Arkley is an emerging textile designer based in Sydney, Australia. During her study Textile Design Marijke discovered her love for weaving, a love that has only grown since buying her own loom. It’s at her loom, that she brings to life her beautiful and unique pieces. All pieces are individually designed and hand woven by Marijke herself. Her aim with each piece is to bring a contemporary look to an ancient craft. Marijke predominately uses natural fibers to create not only a beautiful look but also a luxurious feel. No two cushions are identical, reflecting the true nature of the handmade and hand woven.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- A COZY WINTER CABIN IN NORWAY
- A SMALL BUT BRIGHT APARTMENT IN GOTEBORG, SWEDEN
- A MODERN FINCA STYLE VILLA ON IBIZA