Marijke Arkley is an emerging textile designer based in Sydney, Australia. During her study Textile Design Marijke discovered her love for weaving, a love that has only grown since buying her own loom. It’s at her loom, that she brings to life her beautiful and unique pieces. All pieces are individually designed and hand woven by Marijke herself. Her aim with each piece is to bring a contemporary look to an ancient craft. Marijke predominately uses natural fibers to create not only a beautiful look but also a luxurious feel. No two cushions are identical, reflecting the true nature of the handmade and hand woven.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID