The White House is a beautiful guesthouse in Daylesford, Australia. This original 1850s brick miner’s cottage has been restored and given a rustic, industrial feel by Lynda Gardener. Lynda is an interior designer and the owner of Empire Vintage in Melbourne’s Albert Park. The result is something special and the vintage treasures are giving the house a unique look and feel. The open fireplaces, cosy bedrooms, gorgeous bathrooms and tranquil private gardens make The White House the ultimate getaway. Make sure to book well in advance as it is often fully booked.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- FOR SALE: ANTIQUE SWEDISH DESK
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT