The trend for kitchen storage solutions has been to have open kitchen shelves and putting all your cookware, dinnerware and glassware on display. I do prefer this open shelf design in stead of closed cabinets but here are some disadvantages involved. The main one is that you can’t conceal clutter. You have to be organised, placing back every item in the proper position to avoid that the open shelf look messy and unorganized. Also, the shelves should be washed frequently as they become dirty from house dust and cooking grease. What do you prefer: closed cabinets or open shelves?
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A SMALL HOME IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION