The trend for kitchen storage solutions has been to have open kitchen shelves and putting all your cookware, dinnerware and glassware on display. I do prefer this open shelf design in stead of closed cabinets but here are some disadvantages involved. The main one is that you can’t conceal clutter. You have to be organised, placing back every item in the proper position to avoid that the open shelf look messy and unorganized. Also, the shelves should be washed frequently as they become dirty from house dust and cooking grease. What do you prefer: closed cabinets or open shelves?
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A BOHEMIAN CHIC APARTMENT IN KRAKOW, POLAND
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT