I like how this chest of drawers is transformed into a fabulous eye-catching piece for dining room or kitchen – thank to some chalkboard paint. Labelling the drawers with chalk adds a fun detail. To achieve strong, bright letters that don’t smudge easily, wipe the surface with a damp cloth just before you write, then leave to dry naturally for cute labels that make it easy to delegate setting the table. I found this idea on homelife, here you find a ‘how to apply chalkboard paint guide’.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A HISTORIC NY SCHOOLHOUSE TURNED INTO A STYLISH LOFT
- RACHEL CASTLE’S COLORFUL & WHIMSY DESIGNS
- J. CREW NEW FALL & WINTER COLLECTION
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH A FEMININE TOUCHE
- EXPOSED PUMPING PIPES: HOT OR NOT?
- A PHOTOGRAPHER’S TEXAS HOME INSPIRED BY TRAVELS
- THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY PAD IN BYRON BAY, AUSTRALIA
- A SUMMER HOME ON THE ITALIAN ISLAND OF PONZA
- A RUSTIC CHIC SUMMER HOME IN PORTUGAL
- AN AIRY BEACH HOUSE ON SYDNEY’S NORTHERN BEACHES