These beautiful butterflies are made by Australian artist Catherine Swan. Hand cut from vintage magazines, Catherine’s paper butterflies appear to be specimens from a nostalgic technicolour world perpetually fluttering between the 50s and 60s. Featuring powdery lilacs, candy pinks, baby blues and the same shade of orange you’d normally find in soft centre chocolates, these Papillons de Papier are meticulously cut from the articles and advertising found in dusty old Esquires and Playboys. You can visit Catherine’s store here.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- DIY & CRAFTS: PINEAPPLE PILLOW PATTERN
- DIY & CRAFTS: HAND MADE MAXI BAG
- THE TRAVEL FILES: ACE HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES