These beautiful butterflies are made by Australian artist Catherine Swan. Hand cut from vintage magazines, Catherine’s paper butterflies appear to be specimens from a nostalgic technicolour world perpetually fluttering between the 50s and 60s. Featuring powdery lilacs, candy pinks, baby blues and the same shade of orange you’d normally find in soft centre chocolates, these Papillons de Papier are meticulously cut from the articles and advertising found in dusty old Esquires and Playboys. You can visit Catherine’s store here.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE HOLIDAY PLAYLIST
- WINTER WONDERLAND FESTIVE MOOD
- A BRIGHT & COZY ATTIC BEDROOM
- FUN FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAGS
- TOUR AROUND OUR HOME: HANDRAIL MADE OF BRANCHES
- DIY PROJECT: ILLUSTRATED BIRCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- DIY PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN STYLE CHRISTMAS TREE
- A BEAUTIFUL & MINIMALISTIC DESK BY RAFA KIDS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A MODERN HOME IN GIRONA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME ON IBIZA