These beautiful butterflies are made by Australian artist Catherine Swan. Hand cut from vintage magazines, Catherine’s paper butterflies appear to be specimens from a nostalgic technicolour world perpetually fluttering between the 50s and 60s. Featuring powdery lilacs, candy pinks, baby blues and the same shade of orange you’d normally find in soft centre chocolates, these Papillons de Papier are meticulously cut from the articles and advertising found in dusty old Esquires and Playboys. You can visit Catherine’s store here.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- KIDS ROOMS WITH PRIMARY COLORS
- BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNTS – HAPPY SHOPPING!
- CYBERWEEK: 30-40% DISCOUNT AT J.CREW
- A COLORFUL AUSTRALIAN HOME WITH A BOHEMIAN VIBE
- A SWEDISH HOME WITH A RAW EDGE
- CYBERWEEK: SHOP AT MADEWELL WITH 25% DISCOUNT
- THE HOLIDAY SEASON: A FOXY GIFT GUIDE FOR KIDS
- FINE LITTLE DAY FROM SWEDEN
- BEAUTIFUL STYLED KIDS ROOM BY RAFA KIDS
- WONDERFUL WINTER WHITE FASHION PIECES