Located in the midst of Marrakech’s labyrinthine Medina, intimate boutique hotel Riad Jahan is a chic mish-mash of Moroccan and Indian styles. Carved-wood furniture, Arabian arches and jewel-coloured fabrics reminiscent of a Rajasthani street market abound, while the peaceful vibe is all-pervading.
The riad’s owners have been involved in the hotel project right from the start, and the result is very much their vision. All furnishings and decorative touches, which betray a distinct Rajasthani influence, have been personally commissioned by them. Rooms in this beautiful riad can be booked throuh Mr & Mrs Smith, which is a great resource for boutique hotels all over the world.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- STYLISH CAMPOS COFFEE IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- TROPICAL INSPIRED LIMITED COLLECTION BY IKEA
- THE CUTEST ANIMAL EAR CHAIRS FROM OEUF NY
- AN ELEGANT OLD TOWNHOUSE IN THE CITY OF LONDON
- SPECIAL OFFER: 25% DISCOUNT ON VINTAGE KILIM RUGS
- DIY: PLATES AS WALL ART
- UNEXPECTED CRUSH: A RED SLIDING DOOR
- THE TRAVLES FILES: 5 COLUMNS RIAD IN ESSAOUIRA, MOROCCO
- DIY WALL HANGING
- A RUSTIC SUMMER HOUSE ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA