These images, which I found on Design*Sponge, are from the beautiful home of Gemma Ahern. Perhaps the name Ahern rings a bell: Gemma is the sister of stylist and interior designer Abigail Ahern, owner of Atelier Abigail Ahern.
Gemma, who is also part of the Atelier Abigail Ahern design team, came up with creative solution to stay within her budget ($10,300/£6,500) for the renovation. In stead of buying an expensive sofa, the bay window (with slubby cushions) was used to create more seating.
More photos and detailed information about Gemma’s fab house can be found on Design*Sponge.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LIGHT FIXTURES
- AN ARTIST’S HOME ON THE COSTA BRAVA IN SPAIN
- SUMMER SHADES OF PINK
- A SMALL SEA FRONT HOME IN FRANCE
- AN ECLECTIC BOHEMIAN APARTMENT IN SWEDEN
- THE ULTIMATE MOUNTAIN ESCAPE IN THE SWISS ALPS
- LEATHER HEADBOARD BY DANISH STUDIO BY THORNAM
- A SMALL ONE-BEDROOM APARTMENT IN SWEDEN
- WINTER WONDERLAND MOOD BOARD
- A CERAMIST’S FARMHOUSE IN UPSTATE NEW YORK