These images, which I found on Design*Sponge, are from the beautiful home of Gemma Ahern. Perhaps the name Ahern rings a bell: Gemma is the sister of stylist and interior designer Abigail Ahern, owner of Atelier Abigail Ahern.
Gemma, who is also part of the Atelier Abigail Ahern design team, came up with creative solution to stay within her budget ($10,300/£6,500) for the renovation. In stead of buying an expensive sofa, the bay window (with slubby cushions) was used to create more seating.
More photos and detailed information about Gemma’s fab house can be found on Design*Sponge.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- TYPOGRAPHIC PRINTS WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME ON A DANISH ISLAND
- MIJN ERVARING MET HYPOTHEEKADVIES VIA DE WEBCAM
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMICS BY CASALINGA
- A BRIGHT & COZY LAKE COTTAGE
- A TRANSFORMED MIDCENTURY BUNGALOW
- SHADES OF GREY ON AN AUTUMN DAY
- THE TRAVEL FILES: MASSERIA CIMINO IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE MASTER BEDROOM
- THE FASHION FILES: EVERLANE FALL/WINTER COLLECTION