These images, which I found on Design*Sponge, are from the beautiful home of Gemma Ahern. Perhaps the name Ahern rings a bell: Gemma is the sister of stylist and interior designer Abigail Ahern, owner of Atelier Abigail Ahern.
Gemma, who is also part of the Atelier Abigail Ahern design team, came up with creative solution to stay within her budget ($10,300/£6,500) for the renovation. In stead of buying an expensive sofa, the bay window (with slubby cushions) was used to create more seating.
More photos and detailed information about Gemma’s fab house can be found on Design*Sponge.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID