These images, which I found on Design*Sponge, are from the beautiful home of Gemma Ahern. Perhaps the name Ahern rings a bell: Gemma is the sister of stylist and interior designer Abigail Ahern, owner of Atelier Abigail Ahern.
Gemma, who is also part of the Atelier Abigail Ahern design team, came up with creative solution to stay within her budget ($10,300/£6,500) for the renovation. In stead of buying an expensive sofa, the bay window (with slubby cushions) was used to create more seating.
More photos and detailed information about Gemma’s fab house can be found on Design*Sponge.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA COOK HOTEL ON RHODES, GREECE
- A RELAXED FAMILY HOME ON VICTORIA’S SURF COAST