Restaurant Nevy is the one of Amsterdam’s newest restaurants. It belongs to the same stable as Envy and Vyne, a trendy restaurant and wine bar. Nevy, a fish restaurant, is located at the waterfront on the IJ. The IJ is a river, formerly a bay, in the Dutch province of North Holland.
The gorgeous interior is designed by well-known architect studio Concrete. They choose simplicity, in the way one would sketch a traditional fish restaurant, but then in the present, modern time.
An allusion is made to the classic, old market halls such as those that still can be found in France for instance. Bright colours, a lot of marble, transparency through the many window and the panoramic view over the IJ provides a great atmosphere. For those wondering about the white chairs, this is the Revolt chair from Dutch designer Friso Kramer.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- AND THE WINNER OF THE PINK RUG CO GIVE-AWAY IS…
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A RELAXING LOUNGE CHAIR
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME IN THE OLD CENTRE OF BARCELONA
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA, ITALY
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: CACTUS + POP & SCOTT POT
- STYLISH SCORPIUS BEACH CLUB ON MYKONOS, GREECE
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A PAIR OF COOL SNEAKERS
- TAKING A VACATION BREAK
- SUMMER RECIPES FOR HOT SUNNY DAYS
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A HAMMOCK FOR SERIOUS RELAXING