Restaurant Nevy is the one of Amsterdam’s newest restaurants. It belongs to the same stable as Envy and Vyne, a trendy restaurant and wine bar. Nevy, a fish restaurant, is located at the waterfront on the IJ. The IJ is a river, formerly a bay, in the Dutch province of North Holland.
The gorgeous interior is designed by well-known architect studio Concrete. They choose simplicity, in the way one would sketch a traditional fish restaurant, but then in the present, modern time.
An allusion is made to the classic, old market halls such as those that still can be found in France for instance. Bright colours, a lot of marble, transparency through the many window and the panoramic view over the IJ provides a great atmosphere. For those wondering about the white chairs, this is the Revolt chair from Dutch designer Friso Kramer.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- AN OLD FARMHOUSE TURNED INTO A STUNNING HOME
- MEDITERRENEAN SUMMER COLORS
- A BRIGHT SCANDINAVIAN SUMMER COTTAGE
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT
- THE PERFECT SPOT FOR A LAZY SUMMER DAY
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- FUN SUMMER DIY PROJECTS
- A TROPICAL PARADISE IN THE MIDDLE OF LOS ANGELES
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRY KITCHEN
- LAST DAYS OF SUMMER BLISS