I have been knowing about Pia’s project for a while. I am excited that I am now able to tell you that Pia Jane Bijkerk’s beautiful book about the best addresses in Paris is out on the shelves now! Pia, a talented stylist, has discovered more than 50 gorgeous shops in Paris where you’ll find the most original and creative clothing, jewelry, handbags, ceramics, home furnishings, and decorative objects in Paris.
Paris: Made by Hand celebrates shops that exemplify the Parisian fait main (= made by hand) aesthetic by offering truly one-of-a-kind items, produced or restored entirely by hand. And with its beautiful photography (shot by Pia herself), the design of the book makes it an art object unto itself. The book is sold in book stores world-wide. You can purchase the book online here. Even if you don’t have planned a trip to Paris soon this is a great book to read and drool over the pretty pictures. A perfect gift!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME IN AARHUS, DENMARK
- SNEL EN GEMAKKELIJK ADVIES VIA DE WEBCAM
- A BEAUTIFUL FARMHOUSE IN VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
- RACHEL CASTLE’S BABY COT BEDDING
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE KITCHEN
- HALLOWEEN PINEAPPLE CARVING
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- BEAUTIFUL LEAF PRINTS BY PERNILLE FOLCARELLI
- A RENOVATED EDWARDIAN FAMILY HOME IN MELBOURNE
- MY LOVE FOR VINTAGE KILIM RUGS