I have been knowing about Pia’s project for a while. I am excited that I am now able to tell you that Pia Jane Bijkerk’s beautiful book about the best addresses in Paris is out on the shelves now! Pia, a talented stylist, has discovered more than 50 gorgeous shops in Paris where you’ll find the most original and creative clothing, jewelry, handbags, ceramics, home furnishings, and decorative objects in Paris.
Paris: Made by Hand celebrates shops that exemplify the Parisian fait main (= made by hand) aesthetic by offering truly one-of-a-kind items, produced or restored entirely by hand. And with its beautiful photography (shot by Pia herself), the design of the book makes it an art object unto itself. The book is sold in book stores world-wide. You can purchase the book online here. Even if you don’t have planned a trip to Paris soon this is a great book to read and drool over the pretty pictures. A perfect gift!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STYLISH VICTORIAN TERRACE HOUSE IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- CONGRATULATIONS BABY CARD WITH DIY MOBILE
- THE TRAVEL FILES: HOTEL ESENCIA IN TULUM, MEXICO
- THE FASHION FILES: VITA KIN INSPIRED DRESSES
- A LIGHT & AIRY BEACH HOUSE IN MONTAUK, USA
- PERFECT HANDMADE LINEN ITEMS FROM LITHUANIA
- AN INDUSTRIAL CHIC HOME IN TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- NATIVE ECO VILLA ON THE ISLAND OF SANTORINI, GREECE
- BEAUTIFUL HAND-MADE LITTLE FORREST CREATURES
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL