I have been knowing about Pia’s project for a while. I am excited that I am now able to tell you that Pia Jane Bijkerk’s beautiful book about the best addresses in Paris is out on the shelves now! Pia, a talented stylist, has discovered more than 50 gorgeous shops in Paris where you’ll find the most original and creative clothing, jewelry, handbags, ceramics, home furnishings, and decorative objects in Paris.
Paris: Made by Hand celebrates shops that exemplify the Parisian fait main (= made by hand) aesthetic by offering truly one-of-a-kind items, produced or restored entirely by hand. And with its beautiful photography (shot by Pia herself), the design of the book makes it an art object unto itself. The book is sold in book stores world-wide. You can purchase the book online here. Even if you don’t have planned a trip to Paris soon this is a great book to read and drool over the pretty pictures. A perfect gift!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A NATURAL LOOK FOR NURSERIES & KIDS ROOMS
- THE FERM LIVING HOME IN COPENHAGEN
- THE ECLECTIC LONDON HOME OF DESIGNER MALENE BIRGER
- J. CREW FALL & WINTER COLLECTION (NOW WITH 25% DISCOUNT)
- A BEAUTIFUL SCANDINAVIAN FAMILY HOME BY THE SEA
- PRETTY IN A PINK COAT
- A STUNNING LOFT IN LONDON SET IN AN ART DECO BUILDING
- DUTCH DESIGN WEEK: NLXL & PIET HEIN EEK DINNER PARTY
- A TYPICAL SWEDISH COUNTRYSIDE HOME (FOR SALE)
- A SERENE, NEUTRAL COLORED COTTAGE IN BYRON BAY