I have been knowing about Pia’s project for a while. I am excited that I am now able to tell you that Pia Jane Bijkerk’s beautiful book about the best addresses in Paris is out on the shelves now! Pia, a talented stylist, has discovered more than 50 gorgeous shops in Paris where you’ll find the most original and creative clothing, jewelry, handbags, ceramics, home furnishings, and decorative objects in Paris.
Paris: Made by Hand celebrates shops that exemplify the Parisian fait main (= made by hand) aesthetic by offering truly one-of-a-kind items, produced or restored entirely by hand. And with its beautiful photography (shot by Pia herself), the design of the book makes it an art object unto itself. The book is sold in book stores world-wide. You can purchase the book online here. Even if you don’t have planned a trip to Paris soon this is a great book to read and drool over the pretty pictures. A perfect gift!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SPECIAL SUMMER OFFER: 40 % DISCOUNT ON ALL KILIM RUGS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SAN GIORGO HOTEL ON MYKONOS
- A CHARMING SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- SWEET SUMMER COLORS: SHADES OF SEAGREEN
- STUNNING BEACH HOUSE CASA AZUL IN EL SALVADOR
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: STRAWBERRY TIRAMISU
- A FRESH WHITE HOME WITH PASTEL ACCENT COLORS
- COLOURFUL CUSHION & UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE PIECES
- SWEET SUMMER COLOURS: SHADES OF PINK
- A SWEDISH FAMILY HOME IN THE COUNTRY SIDE