I am happy to know that a lot of you have used my Amsterdam guide for a visit to Amsterdam. In addition to this guide I will be featuring a shop, restaurant, cafe or another place of interest in Amsterdam every week. I start off with Marqt, a great shop that I visited this weekend. Marqt is a new type of shop where you can buy food directly from the farmer, producer and maker. You can always choose a variety of fresh and high quality food from seafood, meat, vegetables, cheese and breads that are sold by the local producers. The food they sell here is mainly organic.
I was like a kid in a candy store. I love everything about this market: they sell the most delicious food, the interior is very stylish, the packaging of the products is beautiful.. and I can go on. We bought some beautiful asparagus from the south of Holland, super fresh organic eggs, creamy butter and delicious ham from a local farmer. That will be a great meal tonight! Address: Overtoom 21. They will be opening another shop (located at the Rembrandtplein) very soon.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A RENOVATED BEACH SHACK IN AUSTRALIA
- A CLEVER DESIGNED HOME IN JAPAN
- A COUNTRY CHIC RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- LIVING IN A TINY APARTMENT IN SPAIN
- A SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: AUSTRALIA’S COFFEE SCENE
- THE KIDS FILES: GREEN AS ACCENT COLOR
- HANDCRAFTED OBJECTS AT THE VINTAGE VOGUE
- A NORWEGIAN VILLA WITH SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN CLASSICS
- DIY LEAVES & FEATHER MOBILE