Today I take you to the Provence, a region in France that I will be visiting this summer (can’t wait!). This barn, which was recently featured in Cote Sud and in Inside Out magazine, has been renovated by a New Zealand couple.
The owners very well managed to keep authenticity while introducing materials, colors and modern furniture. Various modern furniture pieces can be found through the house.
Through the windows, there is a beautiful view of the garden with cypress, rosemary and fields of lavender.
Also the fabulous kitchen is a mix of old and new. The wooden kitchen tops are covered with a thin layer of resin to imitate concrete.
I love that stone wall in the bedroom. The sink in the bathroom (image below) is from Villeroy & Boch, the faucet from Hansgrohe faucet and the shelves are from Ikea.
(images by Cote Sud)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- STYLISH CAMPOS COFFEE IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- TROPICAL INSPIRED LIMITED COLLECTION BY IKEA
- THE CUTEST ANIMAL EAR CHAIRS FROM OEUF NY
- AN ELEGANT OLD TOWNHOUSE IN THE CITY OF LONDON
- SPECIAL OFFER: 25% DISCOUNT ON VINTAGE KILIM RUGS
- DIY: PLATES AS WALL ART
- UNEXPECTED CRUSH: A RED SLIDING DOOR
- THE TRAVLES FILES: 5 COLUMNS RIAD IN ESSAOUIRA, MOROCCO
- DIY WALL HANGING
- A RUSTIC SUMMER HOUSE ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA