Today I take you to the Provence, a region in France that I will be visiting this summer (can’t wait!). This barn, which was recently featured in Cote Sud and in Inside Out magazine, has been renovated by a New Zealand couple.
The owners very well managed to keep authenticity while introducing materials, colors and modern furniture. Various modern furniture pieces can be found through the house.
Through the windows, there is a beautiful view of the garden with cypress, rosemary and fields of lavender.
Also the fabulous kitchen is a mix of old and new. The wooden kitchen tops are covered with a thin layer of resin to imitate concrete.
I love that stone wall in the bedroom. The sink in the bathroom (image below) is from Villeroy & Boch, the faucet from Hansgrohe faucet and the shelves are from Ikea.
(images by Cote Sud)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- A SMALL HOME IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION