Today I take you to the Provence, a region in France that I will be visiting this summer (can’t wait!). This barn, which was recently featured in Cote Sud and in Inside Out magazine, has been renovated by a New Zealand couple.
The owners very well managed to keep authenticity while introducing materials, colors and modern furniture. Various modern furniture pieces can be found through the house.
Through the windows, there is a beautiful view of the garden with cypress, rosemary and fields of lavender.
Also the fabulous kitchen is a mix of old and new. The wooden kitchen tops are covered with a thin layer of resin to imitate concrete.
I love that stone wall in the bedroom. The sink in the bathroom (image below) is from Villeroy & Boch, the faucet from Hansgrohe faucet and the shelves are from Ikea.
(images by Cote Sud)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SHOPPING FOR STYLISH BASICS
- FINN JUHL’S HOUSE IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
- A NATURAL LOOK FOR NURSERIES & KIDS ROOMS
- BEAUTIFUL TILES IN KITCHEN & BATHROOM
- A SMALL WOODEN COTTAGE IN THE PYRENEES, SPAIN
- UNIQUE TILES BY LONDON BASED SMINK THINGS
- A BRIGHT WHITE HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- FAVOURITE ETSY FINDS
- DIY PROJECT: GIANT ARM-KNIT BUNNY
- A GREEN WOODEN HOUSE IN SWEDEN