Another trend for this season is called ‘Simplify’. Minimalism has the reputation to quickly cool and impersonal, but with the right materials and matching eye-catchers the opposite effect can be reached. Modern minimalism is light, playful and earthy. No futuristic or useless objects, but functional object that are hand-crafted from natural materials. In the image above, the butterfly chair is placed in front of a plain wall. The bench made from scrap wood is from Piet Hein Eek. The black rosary from paper mache is designed by Miriam Franks and is available from the Frozen Fountain.
The candle holder looks robust but it is actually made from paper mache. The simple design comes from the Middle Ages. The bench from Dom van der Laan is made from red cedar (available from the Frozen Fountain).
(via Perscentrum Wonen)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- GORGEOUS THROWS, PILLOWS, POUFS & DRESSERS
- DANISH DESIGNER TINE K’S HOME ON MALLORCA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A FINCA STYLE HOLIDAY HOME ON IBIZA
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMICS & UNIQUE HOMEWARE ITEMS
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH A BOHO CHIC VIBE
- HAPPY SHOPPING: VINTAGE RUG SALE
- TOM DIXON BRASS PENDANT LIGHTS IN A DANISH HOME
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME IN FRANCE
- A BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED CALANDER POSTER
- STYLISH FALL & WINTER FASHION BY HUMANOID