Another trend for this season is called ‘Simplify’. Minimalism has the reputation to quickly cool and impersonal, but with the right materials and matching eye-catchers the opposite effect can be reached. Modern minimalism is light, playful and earthy. No futuristic or useless objects, but functional object that are hand-crafted from natural materials. In the image above, the butterfly chair is placed in front of a plain wall. The bench made from scrap wood is from Piet Hein Eek. The black rosary from paper mache is designed by Miriam Franks and is available from the Frozen Fountain.
The candle holder looks robust but it is actually made from paper mache. The simple design comes from the Middle Ages. The bench from Dom van der Laan is made from red cedar (available from the Frozen Fountain).
(via Perscentrum Wonen)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A SWEDISH WINTER WONDERLAND HOME
- MODERN STYLE CANDLE HOLDERS
- A LITTLE BIT OF CHRISTMAS RED
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A FAMILY HOME IN THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS
- MAGICAL HANDMADE LIGHTS
- A STYLIST’S CHRISTMAS HOME
- A LARGE FAMILY HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- TRAVEL THE WORLD GIFT GUIDE
- 10 CHRISTMAS TABLE DECORATION IDEAS
- A LOVELY DUTCH HOME WITH TOUCHES OF RED