Ceramicist Basma Osama lives and works in Montreal, Canada. First known for her small series of handbuilt pieces, she has been devoting her time since 2006 to setting up Ceramik B., her studio for conception and production for porcelain tableware. Visit Ceramik B’s website to see her handcrafted and exclusive objects.
About the pieces: “Inspired by organic silhouettes, the pieces carry an invitation. Their shape and texture naturally find their way to the hand. Each piece is conceived to be a statement by itself and yet to smoothly mix with other pieces to make a color contrast or to complement the shape and the function. The colors are thought in such a way to enhance the lines without overriding them and to allow the pieces to adapt easily to any environment.”
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- DIY & CRAFTS: PINEAPPLE PILLOW PATTERN
- DIY & CRAFTS: HAND MADE MAXI BAG
- THE TRAVEL FILES: ACE HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
- TREND: INTERIORS WITH VINTAGE BOTANICAL PRINTS
- A SMALL SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A FEMININE TOUCH
- HUNKYDORY BLUE SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A STYLISH HOLIDAY VILLA IN ITALY
- TRADITIONAL WOOD-FIRED BAKERIES IN STOCKHOLM
- A BRIGHT & HAPPY CALIFORNIAN HOME
- A SUCCESFUL RENOVATION OF THREE WORKER S COTTAGES