At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- GORGEOUS THROWS, PILLOWS, POUFS & DRESSERS
- DANISH DESIGNER TINE K’S HOME ON MALLORCA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A FINCA STYLE HOLIDAY HOME ON IBIZA
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMICS & UNIQUE HOMEWARE ITEMS
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH A BOHO CHIC VIBE
- HAPPY SHOPPING: VINTAGE RUG SALE
- TOM DIXON BRASS PENDANT LIGHTS IN A DANISH HOME
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME IN FRANCE
- A BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED CALANDER POSTER
- STYLISH FALL & WINTER FASHION BY HUMANOID