At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL GRAY TONES IN A DANISH HOME
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SOPHIA SUITES ON SANTORINI
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHO CHIC GLADIATOR SANDALS
- A BEAUTIFUL RURAL SUMMER HOME ON ANTIPAROS, GREECE
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: HANDMADE & BLUE ON ETSY
- A MAGICAL WEEKEND GET-AWAY ON FIRE ISLAND, NEW YORK
- SHOP WITH A 25% DISCOUNT AT SHOPBOP (UNTIL 7TH APRIL)
- A DANISH HOME DECORATED IN A SOFT COLOR PALETTE
- IKEA’S NEW VIKTIGT COLLECTION IS ALL ABOUT CRAFT
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: VINTAGE & HANDMADE ON ETSY