At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SPECIAL SUMMER OFFER: 40 % DISCOUNT ON ALL KILIM RUGS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SAN GIORGO HOTEL ON MYKONOS
- A CHARMING SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- SWEET SUMMER COLORS: SHADES OF SEAGREEN
- STUNNING BEACH HOUSE CASA AZUL IN EL SALVADOR
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: STRAWBERRY TIRAMISU
- A FRESH WHITE HOME WITH PASTEL ACCENT COLORS
- COLOURFUL CUSHION & UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE PIECES
- SWEET SUMMER COLOURS: SHADES OF PINK
- A SWEDISH FAMILY HOME IN THE COUNTRY SIDE