At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STYLISH MODERN HOME IN SAN FRANSISCO
- AFFORDABLE ART FROM THE POSTER CLUB
- DIY: A SOFT CUDDLING TOY MADE FROM AN OLD SWEATER
- A BEAUTIFUL SWEDISH HOME WITH TRADITIONAL FEATURES
- A STYLISH & RELAXED HOME IN THE OJAI HILLS (USA)
- A STYLISH VILLA ON THE ISLAND OF CAPRI (ITALY)
- THE MOST GORGEOUS WICKER PENDANT BY ATELIER VIME
- A BOHO CHIC OUTDOOR AREA IN LOS ANGELES
- OUR SUMMER HOLIDAY IN CROATIA
- A RUSTIC CHIC MOUNTAIN HOME ON MALLORCA (SPAIN)