At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SUMMER DIY PROJECT: FRAMED PALM LEAF
- BEAUTIFUL PASTEL SUMMER COLORS FOR A FRESH LOOK
- DECORATE YOUR HOME WITH A FICUS GINSENG + GIVE-AWAY
- AND THE WINNER OF THE PINK RUG CO GIVE-AWAY IS…
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A RELAXING LOUNGE CHAIR
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME IN THE OLD CENTRE OF BARCELONA
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA, ITALY
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: CACTUS + POP & SCOTT POT
- STYLISH SCORPIUS BEACH CLUB ON MYKONOS, GREECE
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A PAIR OF COOL SNEAKERS