At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- STYLISH HOLIDAY SUITES & VILLAS ON MYKONOS, GREECE
- AFFORDABLE SUMMER PIECES FROM MADEWELL
- A STUNNING DANISH HOME WITH HEIGH CEILINGS
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMIC PIECES BY MALINDA REICH
- A 19TH CENTURY BARN IN HUDSON VALLEY, NEW YORK
- A LITTLE BIT OF GREEN FOR A FRESH SPRING LOOK
- A SWEDISH WOODEN HOUSE SURROUNDED BY ROSES
- A STYLISH & ECLECTIC APARMENT IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
- A DREAMY HOLIDAY BEACH HOUSE ON ST. BARTHS
- BEAUTIFUL GRAY TONES IN A DANISH HOME