At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- Are you considering renting a property in Prague, Czech Republic? FeelHOME is offering Flats & Houses for Rent in Prague
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A COASTAL RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- MIX & MATCH: WHITES AND A HINT OF PINK
- FLY VIOLET: MY NEW FAVORITE BAG
- A INDUSTRIAL STYLE HOME IN PARIS
- GET THE LOOK: A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: COTTONWOOD COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- DIY: CROCHETED EASTER EGGS
- AN ALL WHITE HOME WITH A TOUCH OF COPPER
- MIX & MATCH: SOFT NUDE COLORS
- TREND FORECASTER ANNE ZIEGLER’S LOS ANGELES HOME