At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE HOLIDAY SEASON: A FOXY GIFT GUIDE FOR KIDS
- FINE LITTLE DAY FROM SWEDEN
- BEAUTIFUL STYLED KIDS ROOM BY RAFA KIDS
- WONDERFUL WINTER WHITE FASHION PIECES
- A SWEDISH APARMENT IN A BEAUTIFUL SOFT COLOR SCHEME
- A STUNNING RENOVATED HOME IN SILVERLAKE, LA
- A PEEK INTO THE EVERLANE STUDIO
- INTERIOR TREND: BEAUTIFUL BOTANICS
- A STYLISH HOME WITH A SUBTLE COLOR PALETTE
- AN ELEGANT APARTMENT IN THE HEART OF PARIS