At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A BOHO CHIC OUTDOOR AREA IN LOS ANGELES
- OUR SUMMER HOLIDAY IN CROATIA
- A RUSTIC CHIC MOUNTAIN HOME ON MALLORCA (SPAIN)
- ANIMAL TILES BY BRITISH DESIGNER LAURA CARLIN
- A STYLISH HOLIDAY HOME ON THE AMALFI COAST
- THE EVERLANE DENIM COLLECTION
- SCANDINAVIAN TABLEWARE (NOW ON SALE!)
- PORCELAIN & GLASS VASES FOR A SINGLE FLOWER OR BRANCH
- SOUND ABSORBING CABINETS BY NORM FOR ZILENZIO
- HOME DECOR SHOPPING