At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. Read more
- Looking for comfy, high quality leather sofas? Then you need to visit www.darlingsofchelsea.co.uk
Are you considering renting a property in Prague, Czech Republic? FeelHOME is offering Flats & Houses for Rent in Prague
wholesale home & garden
Browse Denver homes for sale on COhomefinder.com on COhomefinder.com, your source for Colorado real estate, powered by 8z Real Estate
Rattan garden furniture
Make Mole Valley Farmers your first stop for everything from electric fencing to women's wellies and more
A specialist cane conservatory furniture company based in the UK
contemporary bedroom furniture Your Bedroom furniture source in New York
PRODUCTS WE LOVE
- A DESIGNER’S HOME IN SAO PAOLO
- MODERN BEACH STYLE LIVING
- AN INTERIOR ARCHITECT’S HOME IN HELSINKI
- A RUSTIC YET MODERN VILLA ON IBIZA
- A CHARMING B&B ON STROMBOLI
- FASHION FILES: STYLISH SUMMER OUTFITS
- A LOVELY COURTYARD IN GREECE
- THE SCANDINAVIAN HOME OF ARCHITECT PERNILLE ARENDS
- THE STYLE FILES LOVES: COISA
- SNEAK PREVIEW OF THE NEW IITALA COLLECTION