At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A SWEDISH SEASIDE HOME WITH CHARM AND CHARACTER
- GREAT BASIC FASHION ITEMS BY EVERLANE
- NATURAL STYLE FURNITURE & HOME DECOR ACCESSORIES
- A BOHO CHIC CONTEMPORARY BEACH HOUSE IN SYDNEY
- DIY CLAY AND DRIFTWOOD SPOONS
- FALL FAVORITES FASHION ITEMS
- BEAUTIFUL COLORS TO GET INTO FALL SPIRIT
- HANDMADE LAMA & CACTUS NURSERY MOBILE
- A COSY HOLIDAY HOME IN BYRON BAY, AUSTRALIA
- UP TO 40% DISCOUNT AT J. CREW