At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STUNNING WOODEN HOUSE WITH SEA VIEW IN FRANCE
- LAVENDER EARL GREAY BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM FLOAT
- CREATE A SUMMER VIBE WITH A OUTDOOR HANGING CHAIR
- A CALIFORNIAN HOME WITH A MEDITERRANEAN VIBE
- PRETTY SUMMER DRESSES FOR A PRETTY SUMMER DAY
- SHOPPING FOR HINTS OF PINK
- A TOUCH OF GLAMOUR IN A TRADITIONAL FINCA ON IBIZA
- HUNTING FOR GEORGE CELEBRATES REAL HOMES
- A SUMMER HOME ON THE GREEK ISLAND OF ANTI PAROS
- A BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY VILLA FOR RENT ON MALLORCA, SPAIN