At the foot of the Great Wall of China there are some ultra modern villas which can be rented. The most spectacular villa is the one designed by architect Kengo Kuma. The Japanese-inspired construction of bamboo and glass allows spectacular views of the Great Wall and the surrounding landscape.
The common parts of the house are connected through the principle of bamboo screens.
A contemporary Japanese tea house can be found in the outdoor area at the centre of the building. The equipment of the kitchen (image below) consists of a core module with integrated sink and cupboards made of white lacquered wood.
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A BRIGHT BEACH HOUSE IN MONTAUK, USA
- A FRESH & MODERN FAMILY HOME IN CALIFORNIA
- STYLISH & MULTIFUNCTION CHILDREN’S FURNITURE
- SUMMER SHOPPING: WOOD & RATTAN FOR A SUMMER VIBE
- COSY OUTDOOR AREAS
- RENT A MODERN AUSTRALIAN BEACH HOUSE
- DENIM BLUE FOR SUMMER
- RENT A LUXURY SUMMER HOME ON SANTORINI, GREECE
- A FINCA STYLE SUMMER HOME ON THE ISLAND OF IBIZA
- SWEET SUMMER SHOPPING: LOVELY PASTELS