Loftlife magazine sent me their newsletter which contained images of this gorgeous loft in Brooklyn, NY. The loft has been designed by New York based design firm Ochs Design was given. The assignment given was to convert a 2700 sq-ft abandoned warehouse space into an artist’s loft for a Williamsburg pioneer.
Isn’t this bedroom just gorgeous?
Ochs Design restored as much of the original bones of the space as was feasibly possible for their client, including keeping the original asphalt floor in the painting studio. The “platforms replace walls to define living space” allowing the paintings and artwork to dominate the interior.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SHOPPING FOR STYLISH BASICS
- FINN JUHL’S HOUSE IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
- A NATURAL LOOK FOR NURSERIES & KIDS ROOMS
- BEAUTIFUL TILES IN KITCHEN & BATHROOM
- A SMALL WOODEN COTTAGE IN THE PYRENEES, SPAIN
- UNIQUE TILES BY LONDON BASED SMINK THINGS
- A BRIGHT WHITE HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- FAVOURITE ETSY FINDS
- DIY PROJECT: GIANT ARM-KNIT BUNNY
- A GREEN WOODEN HOUSE IN SWEDEN