At first sight you would think that this gorgeous house in located in the medina of Marrakesh, Morocco. But can you believe that this 6,000 square foot compound is right in the middle of the crowded streets of Venice Beach, USA?
The house belongs to fashion photographer Philip Dixon who was inspired by his trips around the world. He created this Moroccan retreat almost 20 years ago.
The Moroccan decor and style have been consistently carried out through the entire home and garden.
Throughout the house beautiful antique pieces of furniture and accessories can be found.
What do you think of this house? I love the style and think that this house is gorgeous but perhaps it is a bit too minimalistic (with all that concrete)?
(via Apartment Therapy)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A HAND DRAWN BOTANICAL MURAL PAINTING
- A CHARMING SUMMER COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- A SMALL APARTMENT IN STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- AN OLD FARMHOUSE TURNED INTO A SUMMER COTTAGE
- SUMMER PEACH PANZANELLA SALAD
- THE PERFECT SUMMER COCKTAIL
- A STUNNING FREE STANDING STONE BATHTUB
- A LOS ANGELES HOME WITH A SCANDINAVIAN VIBE
- A PATIO PERFECT FOR SUMMER ENTERTAINING
- HOW TO WEAR STRIPES THIS SUMMER