At first sight you would think that this gorgeous house in located in the medina of Marrakesh, Morocco. But can you believe that this 6,000 square foot compound is right in the middle of the crowded streets of Venice Beach, USA?
The house belongs to fashion photographer Philip Dixon who was inspired by his trips around the world. He created this Moroccan retreat almost 20 years ago.
The Moroccan decor and style have been consistently carried out through the entire home and garden.
Throughout the house beautiful antique pieces of furniture and accessories can be found.
What do you think of this house? I love the style and think that this house is gorgeous but perhaps it is a bit too minimalistic (with all that concrete)?
(via Apartment Therapy)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- HUMANOID SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- HANDMADE POTTERY BY JAPANESE ARTIST KATSUFUMI BABA
- COLORFUL DOG BEDS FROM AUSTRALIAN LABEL POOCCIO
- DREAMING OF: A PLACE IN THE SUN
- BEAUTIFUL HAND MADE LEATHER GOODS
- A FOOD STYLIST’S HOME IN TORONTO, CANADA
- A STUNNING BEACH SIDE HOME IN BRAZIL
- A WOODEN HOLIDAY HOME IN THE NORTH OF HOLLAND
- NEW FERM LIVING SPRING/SUMMER 2015 COLLECTION
- A COZY WINTER CABIN IN NORWAY