At first sight you would think that this gorgeous house in located in the medina of Marrakesh, Morocco. But can you believe that this 6,000 square foot compound is right in the middle of the crowded streets of Venice Beach, USA?
The house belongs to fashion photographer Philip Dixon who was inspired by his trips around the world. He created this Moroccan retreat almost 20 years ago.
The Moroccan decor and style have been consistently carried out through the entire home and garden.
Throughout the house beautiful antique pieces of furniture and accessories can be found.
What do you think of this house? I love the style and think that this house is gorgeous but perhaps it is a bit too minimalistic (with all that concrete)?
(via Apartment Therapy)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- OUR HOME FEATURED IN CHIC BOUTIQUERS AT HOME
- A RENOVATED FARMHOUSE IN FRIESLAND, THE NETHERLANDS
- A CHARMING 1920′S COTTAGE IN CALIFORNIA
- GORGEOUS THROWS, PILLOWS, POUFS & DRESSERS
- DANISH DESIGNER TINE K’S HOME ON MALLORCA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A FINCA STYLE HOLIDAY HOME ON IBIZA
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMICS & UNIQUE HOMEWARE ITEMS
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH A BOHO CHIC VIBE
- HAPPY SHOPPING: VINTAGE RUG SALE
- TOM DIXON BRASS PENDANT LIGHTS IN A DANISH HOME