Today I would like to show you more of the village that we recently moved to. The village is very small with only 70 houses and 300 people. There are no shops or restaurants but Amsterdam is just 15 minutes away.
These photos were taken last week when there was still ice. It was the first time in 12 years that we were able to skate on the lakes.
It is estimated that one million people were ice-skating last week (there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands).
This is the view from our back-yard (and from our living room).
(images taken by me)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- Are you considering renting a property in Prague, Czech Republic? FeelHOME is offering Flats & Houses for Rent in Prague
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A COASTAL RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- MIX & MATCH: WHITES AND A HINT OF PINK
- FLY VIOLET: MY NEW FAVORITE BAG
- A INDUSTRIAL STYLE HOME IN PARIS
- GET THE LOOK: A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: COTTONWOOD COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- DIY: CROCHETED EASTER EGGS
- AN ALL WHITE HOME WITH A TOUCH OF COPPER
- MIX & MATCH: SOFT NUDE COLORS
- TREND FORECASTER ANNE ZIEGLER’S LOS ANGELES HOME