Today I would like to show you more of the village that we recently moved to. The village is very small with only 70 houses and 300 people. There are no shops or restaurants but Amsterdam is just 15 minutes away.
These photos were taken last week when there was still ice. It was the first time in 12 years that we were able to skate on the lakes.
It is estimated that one million people were ice-skating last week (there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands).
This is the view from our back-yard (and from our living room).
(images taken by me)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- TRAVEL REVIEW: HOLIDAY FINCA LA BASA ON MALLORCA
- SUMMER DIY PROJECT: FRAMED PALM LEAF
- BEAUTIFUL PASTEL SUMMER COLORS FOR A FRESH LOOK
- DECORATE YOUR HOME WITH A FICUS GINSENG + GIVE-AWAY
- AND THE WINNER OF THE PINK RUG CO GIVE-AWAY IS…
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A RELAXING LOUNGE CHAIR
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME IN THE OLD CENTRE OF BARCELONA
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA, ITALY
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: CACTUS + POP & SCOTT POT
- STYLISH SCORPIUS BEACH CLUB ON MYKONOS, GREECE