Today I would like to show you more of the village that we recently moved to. The village is very small with only 70 houses and 300 people. There are no shops or restaurants but Amsterdam is just 15 minutes away.
These photos were taken last week when there was still ice. It was the first time in 12 years that we were able to skate on the lakes.
It is estimated that one million people were ice-skating last week (there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands).
This is the view from our back-yard (and from our living room).
(images taken by me)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BOHEMIAN OUTDOOR AREA IN MANHATTAN
- RENT A CAVE HOME IN ANDALUCIA, SPAIN
- A SERENE HOME IN A NEUTRAL COLOR PALETTE
- ETSY FAVORITES
- IKEA HACK: EMBROIDERED STOCKHOLM CHAIR
- A LUXURIOUS RETREAT ON SALINA ISLAND, ITALY
- FROM PLAIN CABINETS TO WALL MURAL / STORAGE SPACE
- A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME IN THE HEART OF AMSTERDAM
- THE WHITE XL SHELF BY RAFA KIDS: NOW WITH A DISCOUNT
- THE BEST SUMMER DRESSES