Today I would like to show you more of the village that we recently moved to. The village is very small with only 70 houses and 300 people. There are no shops or restaurants but Amsterdam is just 15 minutes away.
These photos were taken last week when there was still ice. It was the first time in 12 years that we were able to skate on the lakes.
It is estimated that one million people were ice-skating last week (there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands).
This is the view from our back-yard (and from our living room).
(images taken by me)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A HAND DRAWN BOTANICAL MURAL PAINTING
- A CHARMING SUMMER COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- A SMALL APARTMENT IN STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- AN OLD FARMHOUSE TURNED INTO A SUMMER COTTAGE
- SUMMER PEACH PANZANELLA SALAD
- THE PERFECT SUMMER COCKTAIL
- A STUNNING FREE STANDING STONE BATHTUB
- A LOS ANGELES HOME WITH A SCANDINAVIAN VIBE
- A PATIO PERFECT FOR SUMMER ENTERTAINING
- HOW TO WEAR STRIPES THIS SUMMER