One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- TANIS: A BEAUTIFUL NEW INTERIOR SHOP ON IBIZA
- DIY GARDEN PROJECTS
- A MID CENTURY MODERN HOME IN SOUTH AFRICA
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SCENES FROM ITALY
- A NATURAL STYLE SUMMER HOME ON IBIZA
- A LOS ANGELOS HOME WITH A STUNNING KITCHEN
- A MODERN HOME IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- THE HOUSE WITH THE PINK CHAIRS