One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SHOPPING FOR STYLISH BASICS
- FINN JUHL’S HOUSE IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
- A NATURAL LOOK FOR NURSERIES & KIDS ROOMS
- BEAUTIFUL TILES IN KITCHEN & BATHROOM
- A SMALL WOODEN COTTAGE IN THE PYRENEES, SPAIN
- UNIQUE TILES BY LONDON BASED SMINK THINGS
- A BRIGHT WHITE HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- FAVOURITE ETSY FINDS
- DIY PROJECT: GIANT ARM-KNIT BUNNY
- A GREEN WOODEN HOUSE IN SWEDEN