One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A MODERN HOME IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- THE HOUSE WITH THE PINK CHAIRS
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN SUMMER HOME
- A RENOVATED FINCA ON THE ISLAND OF MALLORCA
- A BRIGHT AND LIGHT NORWEGIAN HOME
- HAPPY SUMMER: I’M OFF TO THE SOUTH OF FRANCE
- DIY: SUMMER FRUIT GARLAND
- WISE WORDS TO LIVE BY
- A SWEDISH SUMMER HOME IN GOTLAND