One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE FASHION FILES: NO. 6 SPRING/SUMMER 2018 COLLECTION
- A LIGHT FILLED FRENCH LOFT IN THE CITY OF PARIS
- A HOME WITH A MEDITERRANEAN VIBE & GET THE LOOK
- IN THE STYLE OF GREEK BOUTIQUE HOTEL CASA COOK
- A COZY WOODEN HOME IN SWEDEN
- HAND ILLUSTRATED PRINT ‘OUR WORLD’ MAT / WALL DISPLAY
- 10 OF THE BEST BABY (SHOWER) GIFTS
- DIY KNITTING PROJECT: JUMBO GARTER SCARF
- COLORFUL CUSHION COVERS FOR A BOHO CHIC LOOK
- THE GJØVIK HOUSE IN OSLO (NORWAY) BY NORM ARCHITECTS