One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- PICKLE POTTERIE HANDMADE MUGS
- A MODERN & BRIGHT HOME IN AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
- A BEAUTIFUL RUSTIC KITCHEN IN A LONDON HOME
- GET YOUR CLOSET ORGANIZED WITH VIRTUAL CLOSET SPACE
- BEST FURNITURE & HOME ACCESSORIES BY URBAN OUTFITTERS
- A RENOVATED FARMHOUSE IN THE NETHERLANDS
- BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY HOMES ON THE GREEK ISLAND OF SYROS
- A NATURAL STYLE EASTER TABLE SETTING
- DIY: CROCHETED LACE EASTER EGG DECORATIONS
- BORDFOLK EGG CUP HOLDERS BY LUCIE KAAS