One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- SAMSUNG SERIF TV BY BOUROULLEC: WHERE TECHNOLOGY MEETS DESIGN
- A SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A TOUCH OF AUTUMN
- A COSY SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH AN AUTUMN VIBE
- A BEAUTIFUL KIDS ROOM DECORATED IN SOFT COLORS
- PRETTY PACKAGING: NATURAL PLANT BASED SOAP BY KEATS
- A SCANDINAVIAN STYLE SUMMER COTTAGE IN CANADA
- COLLABORATION BOBO CHOSES AND LE BON MARCHE
- A BEAUTIFUL FARMHOUSE IN VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
- CARRIE PORTABLE LED LAMP BY NORM ARCHITECTS
- DIY HEAVY KNIT THROW (WITHOUT ANY NEEDLES!)