One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- FUN SUMMER DIY PROJECTS
- A TROPICAL PARADISE IN THE MIDDLE OF LOS ANGELES
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRY KITCHEN
- LAST DAYS OF SUMMER BLISS
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- THE FRIDAY FASHION FILES: THE BOHEMIAN CLUTCH
- A SWEDISH SUMMER COTTAGE
- A SNEAK PEEK OF MY HOME
- A PARTY DRESSED IN BLUE
- THE FRIDAY FASHION FILES: IT’S A WRAP