One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- FREE PRINTABLE 2018 CALENDAR
- STYLISH YET CASUAL FASHION ITEMS
- A WORK STUDIO IN A 100 YEAR OLD BUNGALOW
- A MAGICAL FLOWER INSTALLATATION
- 30% DISCOUNT AT ANTHROPOLOGIE
- 30% DISCOUNT ON UNIQUE ITEMS FOR YOUR HOME
- A NATURAL STYLE HOME DESIGNED BY PETER IVENS
- 25% DISCOUNT AT LULU & GEORGIA
- CYBERWEEK DISCOUNT: 40% OFF AT J. CREW
- CYBERWEEK DISCOUNT: BEST OF MADEWELL