One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A RENOVATED FARM IN SOUTHERN SWEDEN
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE LIVING ROOM
- THE TRAVEL FILES: DESIGN STORE TOTOKAELO IN SEATTLE
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A CONTEMPORARY MOUNTAIN RETREAT
- OLIVES & MORE IN AMSTERDAM
- A MODERN & BRIGHT APARTMENT IN BARCELONA
- DIY PROJECT: FREE PRINTABLE DAILY REMINDERS
- NEW IITTALA COLLECTION
- A PENDANT LIGHT MADE OF STONE PAPER
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME ON IBIZA