One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- HAND MADE CERAMICS BY LIQUORICE MOON STUDIO
- A STUNNING COASTAL HOME IN SOUTH CAROLINA, USA
- A STYLISH & VERSATILE SHELVING SYSTEM
- AN IDYLLIC HOME IN THE SWEDISH COUNTRY SIDE
- A COLORFUL & FUN FAMILY HOME IN MELBOURNE
- A DESIGNER’S DREAM HOME IN JAVEA, SPAIN
- A BEAUTIFUL ONLINE SHOP FOR SALE
- NORDIC MINIMALISM MIXED WITH MALLORCAN ACCENTS
- A SMALL BUT STYLISH AIRSTREAM MOBILE HOME
- PRETTY PASTEL COLORS INSPIRED BY SPRING