One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- ETSY FAVORITES
- IKEA HACK: EMBROIDERED STOCKHOLM CHAIR
- A LUXURIOUS RETREAT ON SALINA ISLAND, ITALY
- FROM PLAIN CABINETS TO WALL MURAL / STORAGE SPACE
- A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME IN THE HEART OF AMSTERDAM
- THE WHITE XL SHELF BY RAFA KIDS: NOW WITH A DISCOUNT
- THE BEST SUMMER DRESSES
- A COZY HOLIDAY RENTAL APARTMENT IN MADRID
- PRETTY SORBET COLORS FOR SUMMER
- A MEDITERRANEAN PARADISE ON THE SPANISH COAST