One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- GEORGIA O’KEEFE’S NEW MEXICO HOME
- NEW: HUMANOID KIDS COLLECTION
- A COPENHAGEN HOME DESIGNED BY NORM ARCHITECTS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: VILLA LENA IN TUSCANY, ITALY
- LA FERME LETTERPRESS PRINTS
- INSPIRATION: HERRINGBONE & CHEVRON WOODEN FLOORS
- A TINY STUDIO APARTMENT WITH TOUCHES OF BLUE
- INSPIRATION TO GET IN SUMMER MOOD
- A LOVELY AND COZY MEXICAN SUMMER HOME
- A BRIGHT FAMILY HOME IN FRANKFURT, GERMANY