One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL HAND-MADE LITTLE FORREST CREATURES
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION