One of the trends for 2009 (a trend that started in 2008) is ikat prints (ikat = style of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design). These black lacquer chairs were give a make over with a gorgeous Ikat fabric from Madline Weinrib.
If you would like to see more Ikat prints: Design*Sponge recently did a great roundup on Ikat.
(images via Diane Bergeron)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STUNNING SEA VIEW VILLA ON FORMENTERA, SPAIN
- A LOVELY HOME & GUEST HOUSE ON THE ISLAND OF LESVOS
- TOOLS FOR DESIGNING YOUR DREAM BATHROOM
- STUNNING STONEWARE PIECES BY BLUE EAGLE POTTERY
- THE BEST MEDITERRANEAN STYLE OUTDOOR AREAS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: HOTEL MONTEVERDI IN TUSCANY, ITALY
- DIY: BRANCH CLOTHING RACK
- A COLORFUL FAMILY BEACH HOME IN SANTA BARBARA
- A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME IN FLORIDA
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OUTDOOR SPACES