I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A BEAUTIFUL ITALIAN KITCHEN IN MILAN
- A RESTORED COUNTRY COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- A SUMMER HOME IN UMBRIA, ITALY
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: MAISON ESTATE IN SOUTH AFRICA
- A RENOVATED BEACH SHACK IN AUSTRALIA
- A CLEVER DESIGNED HOME IN JAPAN
- A COUNTRY CHIC RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- LIVING IN A TINY APARTMENT IN SPAIN
- A SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: AUSTRALIA’S COFFEE SCENE