I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- AN INTERIORS DESIGNER’S CALIFORNIAN BEACH BUNGALOW
- BLACK FRIDAY: 30% DISCOUNT AT ANTHROPOLOGIE
- CYBER WEEK SHOPPING: 15% – 30% DISCOUNT AT WEST ELM
- CYBER WEEK SHOPPING: 25% DISCOUNT AT MADEWELL
- CYBER WEEK SHOPPING: 20% DISCOUNT FROM SERENA & LILLY
- CYBERWEEK SHOPPING: WINTER FASHION & ACCESSORIES
- THE CUTEST BABY ACCESSORIES FROM DONSJE AMSTERDAM
- A SIMPLE BUT STUNNING SHAKER STYLE KITCHEN
- A COZY COUNTRY KITCHEN IN YORKSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM
- AN ELEGANT APARTMENT WITH STUNNING FLOORS IN PARIS