I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL GRAY TONES IN A DANISH HOME
- THE TRAVEL FILES: SOPHIA SUITES ON SANTORINI
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHO CHIC GLADIATOR SANDALS
- A BEAUTIFUL RURAL SUMMER HOME ON ANTIPAROS, GREECE
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: HANDMADE & BLUE ON ETSY
- A MAGICAL WEEKEND GET-AWAY ON FIRE ISLAND, NEW YORK
- SHOP WITH A 25% DISCOUNT AT SHOPBOP (UNTIL 7TH APRIL)
- A DANISH HOME DECORATED IN A SOFT COLOR PALETTE
- IKEA’S NEW VIKTIGT COLLECTION IS ALL ABOUT CRAFT
- THE HAPPY SHOPPING FILES: VINTAGE & HANDMADE ON ETSY