I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- PICKLE POTTERIE HANDMADE MUGS
- A MODERN & BRIGHT HOME IN AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
- A BEAUTIFUL RUSTIC KITCHEN IN A LONDON HOME
- GET YOUR CLOSET ORGANIZED WITH VIRTUAL CLOSET SPACE
- BEST FURNITURE & HOME ACCESSORIES BY URBAN OUTFITTERS
- A RENOVATED FARMHOUSE IN THE NETHERLANDS
- BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY HOMES ON THE GREEK ISLAND OF SYROS
- A NATURAL STYLE EASTER TABLE SETTING
- DIY: CROCHETED LACE EASTER EGG DECORATIONS
- BORDFOLK EGG CUP HOLDERS BY LUCIE KAAS