I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A SWEDISH APARTMENT WITH A TOUCH OF AUTUMN
- A COSY SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH AN AUTUMN VIBE
- A BEAUTIFUL KIDS ROOM DECORATED IN SOFT COLORS
- PRETTY PACKAGING: NATURAL PLANT BASED SOAP BY KEATS
- A SCANDINAVIAN STYLE SUMMER COTTAGE IN CANADA
- COLLABORATION BOBO CHOSES AND LE BON MARCHE
- A BEAUTIFUL FARMHOUSE IN VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
- CARRIE PORTABLE LED LAMP BY NORM ARCHITECTS
- DIY HEAVY KNIT THROW (WITHOUT ANY NEEDLES!)
- HOW TO CREATE A BEAUTIFUL GALLERY WALL