I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- AN INDUSTRICAL CHIC HOME IN THE HEART OF LONDON
- A SMALL BUT BEAUTIFUL HOME ON ANTIPAROS, GREECE
- DO NOT DISTURB…
- STYLISH HOLIDAY SUITES & VILLAS ON MYKONOS, GREECE
- AFFORDABLE SUMMER PIECES FROM MADEWELL
- A STUNNING DANISH HOME WITH HEIGH CEILINGS
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMIC PIECES BY MALINDA REICH
- A 19TH CENTURY BARN IN HUDSON VALLEY, NEW YORK
- A LITTLE BIT OF GREEN FOR A FRESH SPRING LOOK
- A SWEDISH WOODEN HOUSE SURROUNDED BY ROSES