I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A GREEK SUMMER HOME ON THE ISLAND OF MILOS
- ABORIGINAL ART IN INTERIORS
- A COZY WOODEN CABIN IN DENMARK
- A HOME IN BARCELONA WITH A STUNNING TILE FLOOR
- BON BON FAIT MAISON ON KYTHIRA, GREECE
- HOME DECOR SALE AT URBAN OUTFITTERS
- A BOHEMIAN CHIC STYLE OFFICE IN BYRON BAY
- 50% DISCOUNT ON RUGS, CUSHION, CERAMICS & MORE
- AN APARTMENT WITH STUNNING VIEWS OVER PARIS
- A RENOVATED FARMHOUSE IN THE FRENCH COUNTRYSIDE