I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STUNNING WOODEN HOUSE WITH SEA VIEW IN FRANCE
- LAVENDER EARL GREAY BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM FLOAT
- CREATE A SUMMER VIBE WITH A OUTDOOR HANGING CHAIR
- A CALIFORNIAN HOME WITH A MEDITERRANEAN VIBE
- PRETTY SUMMER DRESSES FOR A PRETTY SUMMER DAY
- SHOPPING FOR HINTS OF PINK
- A TOUCH OF GLAMOUR IN A TRADITIONAL FINCA ON IBIZA
- HUNTING FOR GEORGE CELEBRATES REAL HOMES
- A SUMMER HOME ON THE GREEK ISLAND OF ANTI PAROS
- A BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY VILLA FOR RENT ON MALLORCA, SPAIN