I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STYLISH MODERN HOME IN SAN FRANSISCO
- AFFORDABLE ART FROM THE POSTER CLUB
- DIY: A SOFT CUDDLING TOY MADE FROM AN OLD SWEATER
- A BEAUTIFUL SWEDISH HOME WITH TRADITIONAL FEATURES
- A STYLISH & RELAXED HOME IN THE OJAI HILLS (USA)
- A STYLISH VILLA ON THE ISLAND OF CAPRI (ITALY)
- THE MOST GORGEOUS WICKER PENDANT BY ATELIER VIME
- A BOHO CHIC OUTDOOR AREA IN LOS ANGELES
- OUR SUMMER HOLIDAY IN CROATIA
- A RUSTIC CHIC MOUNTAIN HOME ON MALLORCA (SPAIN)