I hope you all have had a great weekend! Here in The Netherlands it has been very cold and this weekend people were able to ice-skate as most lakes were frozen (this has not happened in 12 years!). It is estimated that 1 million people were skating this weekend. This is a lot if you consider that there are 16 million people living in The Netherlands!
Today’s post features images from an 18th century house located in the French Basque country.
The timber framed construction has been restored and turned into a high-end guesthouse with 5 rooms.
Modernity and tradition go hand in hand; in the architecture, the interior and the cuisine.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE GARDEN
- A RENOVATED BARN HOUSE IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- NEWS FROM THE BLOGGING WORLD
- AN ARTIST’S HOME ON THE COSTA BRAVA IN SPAIN
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- FRIDAY’S FASHION FILES: DICKER BOOTS BY ISABEL MARANT
- A STUNNING BEACHFRONT HOME IN SYDNEY
- A DANISH FAMILY LIVING IN MANHATTAN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A GREEK ISLAND HOME
- A LADDER AS BEDSIDE TABLE