You will love this house! Ceramic artist Karin Widnas lives in a artist village south west from Helsinki, Finland. Her gorgeous house / atelier is built and decorated in a modern Finnish style.
The simple forms are similar to the Japanese style of architecture and decorating. The ceramic wall (image above), separating living room and dining room, is created by Karin herself.
Chair “Diamond” from Harry Bertoia (Knoll), a design icon from the 50’s, serves as a bedside table in the (serene) bedroom.
Every object in the bathroom is simply beautiful.
Also in the kitchen beautiful ceramic tiles (here in black) cover the wall.
Despite the cold weather, there is a large outdoor living area. Isn’t that wooden table gorgeous?!
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL HAND-MADE LITTLE FORREST CREATURES
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION