You will love this house! Ceramic artist Karin Widnas lives in a artist village south west from Helsinki, Finland. Her gorgeous house / atelier is built and decorated in a modern Finnish style.
The simple forms are similar to the Japanese style of architecture and decorating. The ceramic wall (image above), separating living room and dining room, is created by Karin herself.
Chair “Diamond” from Harry Bertoia (Knoll), a design icon from the 50’s, serves as a bedside table in the (serene) bedroom.
Every object in the bathroom is simply beautiful.
Also in the kitchen beautiful ceramic tiles (here in black) cover the wall.
Despite the cold weather, there is a large outdoor living area. Isn’t that wooden table gorgeous?!
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- HOW TO CREATE A BEAUTIFUL GALLERY WALL
- THE FASHION FILES: FASHION FROM ICELAND
- A SMALL YET CHARMING LOS ANGELES BUNGALOW
- PRETTY BLUE THINGS
- THE PERFECT SUMMER OUTFIT
- HANDCRAFTED DESIGN FROM POP & SCOTT
- THE FOOD FILES: HOMEMADE DADE ALMOND TRUFFLES
- A MODERNIST BEACH HOUSE IN SYDNEY
- A WHITE WASHED HOLIDAY HOME ON NISYROS, GREECE
- A STABLE TURNED INTO A CONTEMPORARY HOME ON IBIZA