You will love this house! Ceramic artist Karin Widnas lives in a artist village south west from Helsinki, Finland. Her gorgeous house / atelier is built and decorated in a modern Finnish style.
The simple forms are similar to the Japanese style of architecture and decorating. The ceramic wall (image above), separating living room and dining room, is created by Karin herself.
Chair “Diamond” from Harry Bertoia (Knoll), a design icon from the 50′s, serves as a bedside table in the (serene) bedroom.
Every object in the bathroom is simply beautiful.
Also in the kitchen beautiful ceramic tiles (here in black) cover the wall.
Despite the cold weather, there is a large outdoor living area. Isn’t that wooden table gorgeous?!
(images from Marie Claire Maison)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- NEW: HUMANOID KIDS COLLECTION
- A COPENHAGEN HOME DESIGNED BY NORM ARCHITECTS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: VILLA LENA IN TUSCANY, ITALY
- LA FERME LETTERPRESS PRINTS
- INSPIRATION: HERRINGBONE & CHEVRON WOODEN FLOORS
- A TINY STUDIO APARTMENT WITH TOUCHES OF BLUE
- INSPIRATION TO GET IN SUMMER MOOD
- A LOVELY AND COZY MEXICAN SUMMER HOME
- A BRIGHT FAMILY HOME IN FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- DIY & CRAFTS: PINEAPPLE PILLOW PATTERN