A few days ago I posted about a trend inspired by rural life. Another trend that can be seen this season is the use of black in interiors.
The classic combination of black and white can be combined with a accent color.
(images by Perscentrum Wonen NL)
The images above, from the portfolio of UK designer Ilse Crawford, show a lot of black furniture and walls.
Black is not a color that first comes to mind when you are looking for a color for your kitchen walls but I think the black wall looks surprisingly good in this kitchen.
This black bathroom is very chic!
And also this bedroom looks very good in black.
(images from Living Etc, Marie Claire Maiso, Home and Garden UK)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRY KITCHEN
- A SUMMER HOME WITH VIEWS ON LAKE GARDA, ITALY
- PRETTY SUMMER COLOURS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: VACATION IN A TRADITIONAL TRULLI IN ITALY
- A PERFECT SUMMER HOME (FOR RENT) ON FORMENTERA
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A BOHO CHIC ECO RETREAT IN ANDALUCIA
- A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME IN THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS
- A LIGHT FILLED APARTMENT IN BARCELONA, SPAIN