Son Gener is beautiful country hotel,with ten suites and a large swimming pool and spa. With the sea only a few kilometres away it is a great place to escape to!
Just a few years ago this 18th-century farmhouse in the quiet north-east of the island, between the villages of Artà and Son Servera, lay in ruins. But then a Majorcan architect-designer converted this property into a rural residence of understated elegance and great creativity.
What struck me most seeing these gorgeous images, is the beautiful light. The luminosity is created by the sun shining on the light ‘marés’-stones.
The interior of Son Gener is a celebration of light and form, too. Nothing in excess, just carefully selected sculptures and sofas, plants, tables and lamps that seem to create a backdrop for the walls and the structure of the building.
There are ten spacious rural-style suites with wonderful terraces and extraordinary views. In the main building, there are large living rooms with fireplaces and a dining room where you can enjoy a typical meal accompanied by an excellent wine from the house’s wine cellar.
Isn’t this heaven?!
Visit Son Gener’s website for more information and bookings.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- FUN FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAGS
- TOUR AROUND OUR HOME: HANDRAIL MADE OF BRANCHES
- DIY PROJECT: ILLUSTRATED BIRCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- DIY PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN STYLE CHRISTMAS TREE
- A BEAUTIFUL & MINIMALISTIC DESK BY RAFA KIDS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A MODERN HOME IN GIRONA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME ON IBIZA
- 10 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WORK SPACES
- A COZY SCANDINAVIAN WINTER HOME
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: PLAYROOM & KIDS BEDROOM