These cute pot holders are from Etsy shop Stjarnkraft. This seller from Finland does not like mass production and she strive to make the majority of her items as individual as possible instead of repeating a lucky design over and over and over again. This beautiful set of two 100% cotton pot-holders depicts the traditional Swedish dalahäst (in English ‘Dala horse’ or ‘Dalecarlian horse’) crocheted by hand in black and silvery grey in a special technique with double threads, which makes the rear side a negative of the front side. The pot holders are also available in red and in blue.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- THE TRAVEL FILES: BASSIVIERE IN LOT-ET-GARONNE, FRANCE
- A COLORFUL NEW MARIMEKKO PATTERN
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA IMPALA ON HOLBOX ISLAND, MEXICO
- THE WORKSPACE OF DUTCH DESIGN FIRM STUDIO SLOW
- BEAUTIFUL WICKER CRAFTSMANSHIP BY ATELIER VIME
- THE NEW IKEA STOCKHOLM COLLECTION
- THE VINTAGE ROUND TOP COTTAGES IN TEXAS, USA
- AN INTERIOR DESIGNER’S HOME IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- A HOME IN THE HEART OF THE SOUK IN TAROUDANT
- A COLORFUL HOME IN THE SPANISH CAPITAL MADRID