Last year I did a post about vase collections and featured the stunning vintage glass collection from Melanie. Melanie’s beautiful home in Los Angeles is now featured at Apartment Therapy as she made it to the finals of the Apartment Therapy fall colors contest.
Melanie and her husband David are both architects. As this is their first home, they were very excited to experiment with different colors throughout the house. They selected the colors based on the mood in the room and the natural light that existed.
Melanie’s inspiration for her vintage glass collection came from the Parker Hotel in Palm Spring which is decorated by Jonathan Adler. I had lunch at the Parker Hotel last year and remember seeing these Jonathan Alder placemats (image above) there as well.
Also the exterior of the house is beautiful. I love the grass plants in the garden!
Congratulations Melanie with your gorgeous home and making it to the finals of the Apartment Therapy contest!
(images from Melanie & Apartment Therapy)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A CERAMIST’S FARMHOUSE IN UPSTATE NEW YORK
- SHOPPING FOR STYLISH BASICS
- FINN JUHL’S HOUSE IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
- A NATURAL LOOK FOR NURSERIES & KIDS ROOMS
- BEAUTIFUL TILES IN KITCHEN & BATHROOM
- A SMALL WOODEN COTTAGE IN THE PYRENEES, SPAIN
- UNIQUE TILES BY LONDON BASED SMINK THINGS
- A BRIGHT WHITE HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- FAVOURITE ETSY FINDS
- DIY PROJECT: GIANT ARM-KNIT BUNNY