Last year I did a post about vase collections and featured the stunning vintage glass collection from Melanie. Melanie’s beautiful home in Los Angeles is now featured at Apartment Therapy as she made it to the finals of the Apartment Therapy fall colors contest.
Melanie and her husband David are both architects. As this is their first home, they were very excited to experiment with different colors throughout the house. They selected the colors based on the mood in the room and the natural light that existed.
Melanie’s inspiration for her vintage glass collection came from the Parker Hotel in Palm Spring which is decorated by Jonathan Adler. I had lunch at the Parker Hotel last year and remember seeing these Jonathan Alder placemats (image above) there as well.
Also the exterior of the house is beautiful. I love the grass plants in the garden!
Congratulations Melanie with your gorgeous home and making it to the finals of the Apartment Therapy contest!
(images from Melanie & Apartment Therapy)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- Are you considering renting a property in Prague, Czech Republic? FeelHOME is offering Flats & Houses for Rent in Prague
- FLY VIOLET: MY NEW FAVORITE BAG
- A INDUSTRIAL STYLE HOME IN PARIS
- GET THE LOOK: A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: COTTONWOOD COTTAGE IN AUSTRALIA
- DIY: CROCHETED EASTER EGGS
- AN ALL WHITE HOME WITH A TOUCH OF COPPER
- MIX & MATCH: SOFT NUDE COLORS
- TREND FORECASTER ANNE ZIEGLER’S LOS ANGELES HOME
- A TOUCH OF SOFT PINK
- A BEACH HOUSE IN SOUTH AFRICA