This medieval farmhouse stand in Perigord, which is in the Dordogne region in France. The old farm building is renovated in a authentic way and two new, wooden pavilions are built in the garden.
The kitchen (image above and below) is rustic and inviting. The Aga cooker (top image) fits perfectly in this space.
The owners have succeeded in modernising the building, by adding modern comforts such as central heating, but at the same time keeping the authentic charm of the building.
The modern painting does not look out of place at all.
Aren’t those beamed ceilings stunning?
A wooden wall divides the bedroom and bathroom.
Behind the wooden wall there is a gorgeous, freestanding bathtub.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMICS BY CASALINGA
- A BRIGHT & COZY LAKE COTTAGE
- A TRANSFORMED MIDCENTURY BUNGALOW
- SHADES OF GREY ON AN AUTUMN DAY
- THE TRAVEL FILES: MASSERIA CIMINO IN PUGLIA, ITALY
- TOUR AROUND MY HOME: THE MASTER BEDROOM
- THE FASHION FILES: EVERLANE FALL/WINTER COLLECTION
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- A WOODEN KITCHEN WITH A CONCRETE TOP
- FALL INSPIRED DIY PROJECTS