This medieval farmhouse stand in Perigord, which is in the Dordogne region in France. The old farm building is renovated in a authentic way and two new, wooden pavilions are built in the garden.
The kitchen (image above and below) is rustic and inviting. The Aga cooker (top image) fits perfectly in this space.
The owners have succeeded in modernising the building, by adding modern comforts such as central heating, but at the same time keeping the authentic charm of the building.
The modern painting does not look out of place at all.
Aren’t those beamed ceilings stunning?
A wooden wall divides the bedroom and bathroom.
Behind the wooden wall there is a gorgeous, freestanding bathtub.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME IN THE OLD CENTRE OF BARCELONA
- A BEAUTIFUL HOME ON THE ISLAND OF PANAREA, ITALY
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: CACTUS + POP & SCOTT POT
- STYLISH SCORPIUS BEACH CLUB ON MYKONOS, GREECE
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A PAIR OF COOL SNEAKERS
- TAKING A VACATION BREAK
- SUMMER RECIPES FOR HOT SUNNY DAYS
- SUMMER ESSENTIALS: A HAMMOCK FOR SERIOUS RELAXING
- CERAMIC RING DISH BY EMILY REINHARDT
- SUMMER ESSENTIAL: BEACH TOWEL BY THE BEACH PEOPLE