During the London Design Festival the first Rabih Hage/Piet Hein Eek pop-up store was launched in a space large enough to highlight a wide variety of Eek’s work. The temporary shop will be open through October 31 (1-5 Exhibition Road, London) and it will be the biggest solo showcase of this highly acclaimed Dutch designer.
Piet Hein Eek is a graduate from the inimitable Eindhoven Design Academy and has been working as a furniture designer since 1992, establishing the company Piet Hein Eek in 1993 with Nob Ruijgork. His cupboard built from recycled wood was heralded as one of the most unique pieces ever produced, and continues to receive acclaim.
Combining unusual materials and less universal but elementary production processes have become characteristic traits of his innovative and elegant work with metal, wood and ceramics.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. Read more
- Looking for comfy, high quality leather sofas? Then you need to visit www.darlingsofchelsea.co.uk
Are you considering renting a property in Prague, Czech Republic? FeelHOME is offering Flats & Houses for Rent in Prague
wholesale home & garden
Browse Denver homes for sale on COhomefinder.com on COhomefinder.com, your source for Colorado real estate, powered by 8z Real Estate
Rattan garden furniture
Make Mole Valley Farmers your first stop for everything from electric fencing to women's wellies and more
A specialist cane conservatory furniture company based in the UK
contemporary bedroom furniture Your Bedroom furniture source in New York
PRODUCTS WE LOVE
- A DESIGNER’S HOME IN SAO PAOLO
- MODERN BEACH STYLE LIVING
- AN INTERIOR ARCHITECT’S HOME IN HELSINKI
- A RUSTIC YET MODERN VILLA ON IBIZA
- A CHARMING B&B ON STROMBOLI
- FASHION FILES: STYLISH SUMMER OUTFITS
- A LOVELY COURTYARD IN GREECE
- THE SCANDINAVIAN HOME OF ARCHITECT PERNILLE ARENDS
- THE STYLE FILES LOVES: COISA
- SNEAK PREVIEW OF THE NEW IITALA COLLECTION