During the London Design Festival the first Rabih Hage/Piet Hein Eek pop-up store was launched in a space large enough to highlight a wide variety of Eek’s work. The temporary shop will be open through October 31 (1-5 Exhibition Road, London) and it will be the biggest solo showcase of this highly acclaimed Dutch designer.
Piet Hein Eek is a graduate from the inimitable Eindhoven Design Academy and has been working as a furniture designer since 1992, establishing the company Piet Hein Eek in 1993 with Nob Ruijgork. His cupboard built from recycled wood was heralded as one of the most unique pieces ever produced, and continues to receive acclaim.
Combining unusual materials and less universal but elementary production processes have become characteristic traits of his innovative and elegant work with metal, wood and ceramics.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- AN LOS ANGELES HOME WITH A SCANDINAVIAN VIBE
- A PATIO PERFECT FOR SUMMER ENTERTAINING
- HOW TO WEAR STRIPES THIS SUMMER
- AN OLD SPANISH FARMHOUSE TURNED INTO A MODERN HOME
- SUMMER WARDROBE INPIRED BY MARRAKECH
- A COZY COASTAL HOME IN SAYULITA, MEXICO
- SUMMER WARDROBE INSPIRED BY GREECE
- A LIGHT FILLED HOME IN THE CATSKILLS MOUNTAINS
- THE BOHO CHIC WORLD OF CARLEY SUMMERS
- A FRENCH INSPIRED COUNTRY HOUSE IN AUSTRALIA