This gorgeous house is Casa Orlandi Guesthouse, an 18th century palazzo in Prato, Italy. It has been renovated by the Italian architect and founder of b-arch studio Sabrina Bignami.
The traditional decor in this 18th century home is mixed with different styles. The vintage Saarinen tulips chairs fit surpisingly well with the rest of the decor.
The frescoes are simply stunning. They had to be restored as the old murals were covered by wall painting. The painter of the frescoes was Luigi Catani a very famous painter during “Granducato di Toscana” in the 18th century.
Sabrina Bignami about her Casa Orlandi: “I‘ve bought this decaying nobleman’s house for a bit money and I try to star a sensitively restoration…playing with old and new, four years ago. The Italians are great at ancient and are also great at modern interior design but they are not so hot at usually mixing the two!”
The designer loves vintage furniture. Some of the classics that she bought in the past, such as the tulips chairs, are used in the palazzo.
Aren’t those bedrooms stunning?
Casa Orlandi now is Sabrina Bignami’s home and a little guesthouse with 3 rooms. For more reservations and more information about the guesthouse you can write to [email protected]
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- HANDMADE KIDS DECOR ITEMS FROM SPAIN
- A BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY HOME ON MALLORCA, SPAIN
- 60TH ANNIVERSARY EDITIONS OF ICONIC CHAIRS
- A LOVELY HOME WITH HINTS OF PINK IN NORWAY
- THE REDESIGN OF THE FRITZ HOUSE IN BIG SUR, USA
- ABORIGINAL PAINTINGS FOR SALE (FROM MY COLLECTION)
- A BEAUTIFUL BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- A RELAXED SUMMER HOME ON ANTIPAROS IN GREECE
- AN OLD WORKERS COTTAGE TURNED INTO A IBIZA HOME
- A WHITE WASHED HOLIDAY HOME ON A GREEK ISLAND