As I’m still in need for kitchen inspiration today another post about kitchens and dining areas. The focus today is on white kitchens and dining rooms. In the mainly white dining area in the image above black accents such as the lamp from Moooi create focus and definition.
The kitchen in the image above is more a family room than just a kitchen. The kitchen units are from Ikea, the chairs are from Dwell, and a similar table can be found at Habitat
I love an open kitchen-diner as in this image. The brick alcove gives character to the modern space.
I want to have a large kitchen island as the one in the image above that also doubles as a breakfast bar.
A pearlescent wallpaper gives glamour to this open-plan dining room (image above). Textures such as lacquer, glass and fabrics with elegant detailing creates a feel of sophistication.
(images from Living Etc)
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA COOK HOTEL ON RHODES, GREECE