Elise Rijnberg is a designer and photographer based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. She was trained at the Design Academy in Eindhoven from which she graduated in 2006. Most of Elise’s products and photos are food related. Marti Guixe’s quote “You buy a chair once a life but you eat three times a day” is for her the perfect explanation why food interests her as a designer and as a photographer.
The tablecloth featured above shows you how to set the table. The graphical pattern is made with subtle embroidery on the tablecloth which tell us all about the Western food culture and manners. I also love Elise’s cutlery, the design forces you to eat slowly, taking small bites and enjoying your food. Visit Elise’s website to see more of her beautiful work.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- AN LOS ANGELES HOME WITH A SCANDINAVIAN VIBE
- A PATIO PERFECT FOR SUMMER ENTERTAINING
- HOW TO WEAR STRIPES THIS SUMMER
- AN OLD SPANISH FARMHOUSE TURNED INTO A MODERN HOME
- SUMMER WARDROBE INPIRED BY MARRAKECH
- A COZY COASTAL HOME IN SAYULITA, MEXICO
- SUMMER WARDROBE INSPIRED BY GREECE
- A LIGHT FILLED HOME IN THE CATSKILLS MOUNTAINS
- THE BOHO CHIC WORLD OF CARLEY SUMMERS
- A FRENCH INSPIRED COUNTRY HOUSE IN AUSTRALIA