Not to long ago I posted about Nipa Doshi and Jonathan Levien’s My Beautiful Backside Sofa. Daybed Principessa (image above) is also part of this collection that Doshi & Levien designed for Moroso. This beautiful day bed is consisting of many thin mattress layers in gipsy colours, referencing the Hans Christian Anderson tale of Princess and the Pea. The top most layer of our daybed displays a graphic composition of objects scattered as if our princess is preparing for a night out. This eclectic array of objects ranging from the glamorous to plain utilitarian, including a braun hairdryer, an umbrella, a necklace, a cocktail glass and many others, are woven into a red and gold jacquard fabric.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A CONTEMPORARY OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF MARAKECH
- AN 18TH CENTURY HISTORICAL HOME IN HUDSON VALLEY, USA
- THE FASHION FILES: OFF-WHITE FOR SUMMER
- A RUSTIC CHIC HOLIDAY RENTAL ON IBIZA, SPAIN
- TESTED: THE DYSON CINETIC BIG BALL VACUUM CLEANER
- ANOTHER FAVORITE BRAND FROM FRANCE: A.P.C.
- A HOME IN AN 18TH CENTURY WAREHOUSE IN COPENHAGEN
- THE FASHION FILES: BOHEMIAN CHIC FRENCH FASHION
- THE TRAVEL FILES: CASA COOK HOTEL ON RHODES, GREECE
- A RELAXED FAMILY HOME ON VICTORIA’S SURF COAST