Not to long ago I posted about Nipa Doshi and Jonathan Levien’s My Beautiful Backside Sofa. Daybed Principessa (image above) is also part of this collection that Doshi & Levien designed for Moroso. This beautiful day bed is consisting of many thin mattress layers in gipsy colours, referencing the Hans Christian Anderson tale of Princess and the Pea. The top most layer of our daybed displays a graphic composition of objects scattered as if our princess is preparing for a night out. This eclectic array of objects ranging from the glamorous to plain utilitarian, including a braun hairdryer, an umbrella, a necklace, a cocktail glass and many others, are woven into a red and gold jacquard fabric.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
SPONSORSINTERESTED IN ADVERTISING?
- WINTER WONDERLAND FESTIVE MOOD
- A BRIGHT & COZY ATTIC BEDROOM
- FUN FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAGS
- TOUR AROUND OUR HOME: HANDRAIL MADE OF BRANCHES
- DIY PROJECT: ILLUSTRATED BIRCH CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- DIY PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN STYLE CHRISTMAS TREE
- A BEAUTIFUL & MINIMALISTIC DESK BY RAFA KIDS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: A MODERN HOME IN GIRONA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME ON IBIZA
- 10 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WORK SPACES