Not to long ago I posted about Nipa Doshi and Jonathan Levien’s My Beautiful Backside Sofa. Daybed Principessa (image above) is also part of this collection that Doshi & Levien designed for Moroso. This beautiful day bed is consisting of many thin mattress layers in gipsy colours, referencing the Hans Christian Anderson tale of Princess and the Pea. The top most layer of our daybed displays a graphic composition of objects scattered as if our princess is preparing for a night out. This eclectic array of objects ranging from the glamorous to plain utilitarian, including a braun hairdryer, an umbrella, a necklace, a cocktail glass and many others, are woven into a red and gold jacquard fabric.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A HISTORIC NY SCHOOLHOUSE TURNED INTO A STYLISH LOFT
- RACHEL CASTLE’S COLORFUL & WHIMSY DESIGNS
- J. CREW NEW FALL & WINTER COLLECTION
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH A FEMININE TOUCHE
- EXPOSED PUMPING PIPES: HOT OR NOT?
- A PHOTOGRAPHER’S TEXAS HOME INSPIRED BY TRAVELS
- THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY PAD IN BYRON BAY, AUSTRALIA
- A SUMMER HOME ON THE ITALIAN ISLAND OF PONZA
- A RUSTIC CHIC SUMMER HOME IN PORTUGAL
- AN AIRY BEACH HOUSE ON SYDNEY’S NORTHERN BEACHES