Lately I have been seeing wood & tree inspired designs in various magazines and blogs. The table/bench/cube above is made from copiced hazel. Originally it was designed for Neals Yard Remedies head office in Dorset but it is now available from PINCH. This London based company is a collaboration between husband and wife team Russell Pinch and Oona Bannon. Their aim is to design fantastic quality products; simple, elegant and approachable, for real people’s lives.
The tables/cubes are from Brent Comber, a Vancouver-based craftsman and designer. He creates sculpted objects, functional pieces and design environments. Brent about his Alder cubes (above): ‘I have always loved the spaces created between the trees in a forest. I was inspired by the positive and negative shapes and the play of light against dark. I think the resulting design captures this dynamic.’
This DIY Birch Wall Paper was featured in Martha Stewart. Birch poles are sliced into disks and glued to plywood panels create a graphic wall mosaic. Strategically placed longer pieces can be used as hooks for bags and artwork. Click here to find out how to create this panel.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- OUR SUMMER HOLIDAY IN CROATIA
- A RUSTIC CHIC MOUNTAIN HOME ON MALLORCA (SPAIN)
- ANIMAL TILES BY BRITISH DESIGNER LAURA CARLIN
- A STYLISH HOLIDAY HOME ON THE AMALFI COAST
- THE EVERLANE DENIM COLLECTION
- SCANDINAVIAN TABLEWARE (NOW ON SALE!)
- PORCELAIN & GLASS VASES FOR A SINGLE FLOWER OR BRANCH
- SOUND ABSORBING CABINETS BY NORM FOR ZILENZIO
- HOME DECOR SHOPPING
- GLOBAL CHIC HOME ACCESSORIES MADE BY ARTISANS