Lately I have been seeing wood & tree inspired designs in various magazines and blogs. The table/bench/cube above is made from copiced hazel. Originally it was designed for Neals Yard Remedies head office in Dorset but it is now available from PINCH. This London based company is a collaboration between husband and wife team Russell Pinch and Oona Bannon. Their aim is to design fantastic quality products; simple, elegant and approachable, for real people’s lives.
The tables/cubes are from Brent Comber, a Vancouver-based craftsman and designer. He creates sculpted objects, functional pieces and design environments. Brent about his Alder cubes (above): ‘I have always loved the spaces created between the trees in a forest. I was inspired by the positive and negative shapes and the play of light against dark. I think the resulting design captures this dynamic.’
This DIY Birch Wall Paper was featured in Martha Stewart. Birch poles are sliced into disks and glued to plywood panels create a graphic wall mosaic. Strategically placed longer pieces can be used as hooks for bags and artwork. Click here to find out how to create this panel.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STYLISH VICTORIAN TERRACE HOUSE IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- CONGRATULATIONS BABY CARD WITH DIY MOBILE
- THE TRAVEL FILES: HOTEL ESENCIA IN TULUM, MEXICO
- THE FASHION FILES: VITA KIN INSPIRED DRESSES
- A LIGHT & AIRY BEACH HOUSE IN MONTAUK, USA
- PERFECT HANDMADE LINEN ITEMS FROM LITHUANIA
- AN INDUSTRIAL CHIC HOME IN TEL AVIV, ISRAEL
- NATIVE ECO VILLA ON THE ISLAND OF SANTORINI, GREECE
- BEAUTIFUL HAND-MADE LITTLE FORREST CREATURES
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENSAO AGRICOLA IN PORTUGAL