After initial success, restaurant Praq has opened up a second, larger and more beautiful location in Amersfoort, The Netherlands. Dutch designer team Tjep (Frank Tjepkema + Janneke Hooymans) was asked to design the interior. Tjep was asked to come up with a concept for a restaurant that would welcome parents and their children without looking like a playground. The result is a restaurant that is inspiring and fun for children, while being comfortable and enjoyable for their parents.
The beautiful space is characterized by a monumental farm style roof composed of huge massive wooden beams. Within this space the designer tried to create a playful world by placing furniture and elements that form crossovers between objects and furniture or furniture that refers to the space itself. For example a table becomes a window, a bus or a kitchen. The six meter high construction in the center looks like an abstract cloud evoking something of a colorful game while contrasting nicely with the handcrafted architecture. One space is reserved for children and their parents while the other is reserved for adults. The adult space clearly fits the same world only here the accent is more geared towards cosiness and style. By the way Praq means mashed food for children in Dutch, however, the plates served at Praq are very refined and tasty.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STUNNING SEA VIEW VILLA ON FORMENTERA, SPAIN
- A LOVELY HOME & GUEST HOUSE ON THE ISLAND OF LESVOS
- TOOLS FOR DESIGNING YOUR DREAM BATHROOM
- STUNNING STONEWARE PIECES BY BLUE EAGLE POTTERY
- THE BEST MEDITERRANEAN STYLE OUTDOOR AREAS
- THE TRAVEL FILES: HOTEL MONTEVERDI IN TUSCANY, ITALY
- DIY: BRANCH CLOTHING RACK
- A COLORFUL FAMILY BEACH HOME IN SANTA BARBARA
- A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME IN FLORIDA
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OUTDOOR SPACES