After initial success, restaurant Praq has opened up a second, larger and more beautiful location in Amersfoort, The Netherlands. Dutch designer team Tjep (Frank Tjepkema + Janneke Hooymans) was asked to design the interior. Tjep was asked to come up with a concept for a restaurant that would welcome parents and their children without looking like a playground. The result is a restaurant that is inspiring and fun for children, while being comfortable and enjoyable for their parents.
The beautiful space is characterized by a monumental farm style roof composed of huge massive wooden beams. Within this space the designer tried to create a playful world by placing furniture and elements that form crossovers between objects and furniture or furniture that refers to the space itself. For example a table becomes a window, a bus or a kitchen. The six meter high construction in the center looks like an abstract cloud evoking something of a colorful game while contrasting nicely with the handcrafted architecture. One space is reserved for children and their parents while the other is reserved for adults. The adult space clearly fits the same world only here the accent is more geared towards cosiness and style. By the way Praq means mashed food for children in Dutch, however, the plates served at Praq are very refined and tasty.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- THE GJØVIK HOUSE IN OSLO (NORWAY) BY NORM ARCHITECTS
- SANTA CLARA 1728 BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN LISBON, PORTUGAL
- HANDMADE KIDS DECOR ITEMS FROM SPAIN
- A BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY HOME ON MALLORCA, SPAIN
- 60TH ANNIVERSARY EDITIONS OF ICONIC CHAIRS
- A LOVELY HOME WITH HINTS OF PINK IN NORWAY
- THE REDESIGN OF THE FRITZ HOUSE IN BIG SUR, USA
- ABORIGINAL PAINTINGS FOR SALE (FROM MY COLLECTION)
- A BEAUTIFUL BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN THE HEART OF PARIS
- A RELAXED SUMMER HOME ON ANTIPAROS IN GREECE