Paul Loebach recently presented his gorgeous furniture designs at the Salone Satellite 2008 in Milan. Paul Loebach descends from a long line of German woodworkers. After graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design, Paul moved to New York City and established a design studio where he currently works as a consultant, specializing in wood furniture and emerging mass manufacturing technologies.
Paul says about his work, “I’m interested in design as the study of form for the basic purpose of giving objects meaning. Design is a semiotic language and must therefore hold a balance between the continuity of recognizable imagery, and the poetic shift of innovation. The future of design is nothing more than an embodiment of the profoundly human need to structure our environment as a reflection of ourselves.” Visit Paul’s website to see more of his beautiful work.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A STYLISH MODERN HOME IN SAN FRANSISCO
- AFFORDABLE ART FROM THE POSTER CLUB
- DIY: A SOFT CUDDLING TOY MADE FROM AN OLD SWEATER
- A BEAUTIFUL SWEDISH HOME WITH TRADITIONAL FEATURES
- A STYLISH & RELAXED HOME IN THE OJAI HILLS (USA)
- A STYLISH VILLA ON THE ISLAND OF CAPRI (ITALY)
- THE MOST GORGEOUS WICKER PENDANT BY ATELIER VIME
- A BOHO CHIC OUTDOOR AREA IN LOS ANGELES
- OUR SUMMER HOLIDAY IN CROATIA
- A RUSTIC CHIC MOUNTAIN HOME ON MALLORCA (SPAIN)