Paul Loebach recently presented his gorgeous furniture designs at the Salone Satellite 2008 in Milan. Paul Loebach descends from a long line of German woodworkers. After graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design, Paul moved to New York City and established a design studio where he currently works as a consultant, specializing in wood furniture and emerging mass manufacturing technologies.
Paul says about his work, “I’m interested in design as the study of form for the basic purpose of giving objects meaning. Design is a semiotic language and must therefore hold a balance between the continuity of recognizable imagery, and the poetic shift of innovation. The future of design is nothing more than an embodiment of the profoundly human need to structure our environment as a reflection of ourselves.” Visit Paul’s website to see more of his beautiful work.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- GIFTS FOR KIDS
- A WARM & COZY FAMILY HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS
- AN INTERIORS DESIGNER’S CALIFORNIAN BEACH BUNGALOW
- BLACK FRIDAY: 30% DISCOUNT AT ANTHROPOLOGIE
- CYBER WEEK SHOPPING: 15% – 30% DISCOUNT AT WEST ELM
- CYBER WEEK SHOPPING: 25% DISCOUNT AT MADEWELL
- CYBER WEEK SHOPPING: 20% DISCOUNT FROM SERENA & LILLY
- CYBERWEEK SHOPPING: WINTER FASHION & ACCESSORIES
- THE CUTEST BABY ACCESSORIES FROM DONSJE AMSTERDAM
- A SIMPLE BUT STUNNING SHAKER STYLE KITCHEN