Living in Bahia is another gorgeous book that will be published by Taschen in July. Bahia is one of the most interesting states in Brazil, notable for its cultural history, music, art, cuisine, and most famously, its laid-back lifestyle and architecture that have turned Bahia into a favorite destination for travellers from around the world.
The makers of this book have searched high and low for Bahia’s loveliest homes and spots, from typical fisherman’s huts to sophisticated modern homes. Highlights include the house of Brazilian’s most brilliant and prodigious singer and composer Caetano Veloso in Salvador, a tree house by sculptor and environmentalist Frans Krajcberg an experimental house with a bamboo roof, and a house perched on a cliff built by artist João Calazans. Available from July from the Taschen website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A RENOVATED FARMHOUSE IN FRIESLAND, THE NETHERLANDS
- A CHARMING 1920′S COTTAGE IN CALIFORNIA
- GORGEOUS THROWS, PILLOWS, POUFS & DRESSERS
- DANISH DESIGNER TINE K’S HOME ON MALLORCA, SPAIN
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A FINCA STYLE HOLIDAY HOME ON IBIZA
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMICS & UNIQUE HOMEWARE ITEMS
- A SCANDINAVIAN HOME WITH A BOHO CHIC VIBE
- HAPPY SHOPPING: VINTAGE RUG SALE
- TOM DIXON BRASS PENDANT LIGHTS IN A DANISH HOME
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A BOHEMIAN CHIC HOME IN FRANCE