Living in Bahia is another gorgeous book that will be published by Taschen in July. Bahia is one of the most interesting states in Brazil, notable for its cultural history, music, art, cuisine, and most famously, its laid-back lifestyle and architecture that have turned Bahia into a favorite destination for travellers from around the world.
The makers of this book have searched high and low for Bahia’s loveliest homes and spots, from typical fisherman’s huts to sophisticated modern homes. Highlights include the house of Brazilian’s most brilliant and prodigious singer and composer Caetano Veloso in Salvador, a tree house by sculptor and environmentalist Frans Krajcberg an experimental house with a bamboo roof, and a house perched on a cliff built by artist João Calazans. Available from July from the Taschen website.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A RENOVATED BEACH SHACK IN AUSTRALIA
- A CLEVER DESIGNED HOME IN JAPAN
- A COUNTRY CHIC RETREAT IN AUSTRALIA
- LIVING IN A TINY APARTMENT IN SPAIN
- A SUMMER COTTAGE IN DENMARK
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: AUSTRALIA’S COFFEE SCENE
- THE KIDS FILES: GREEN AS ACCENT COLOR
- HANDCRAFTED OBJECTS AT THE VINTAGE VOGUE
- A NORWEGIAN VILLA WITH SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN CLASSICS
- DIY LEAVES & FEATHER MOBILE