Dutch designer Margot Slingerland is a former student of the Design Academy. She likes to create her own nostalgia by translating her childhood dreams and mixing the old with the new and the unusual. She made the handbags above by recycling unappealing materials such as degradable plastic garbage bags. The result is a stylish, unique handbag!
These textile tea cups are constructed by using old handwork techniques.
With this paper tea set, arisen from childish fantasy and intuition, you can return to those carefree days of childhood. Visit Margot’s website to learn more about her beautiful work.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- HOW TO CREATE A BEAUTIFUL GALLERY WALL
- THE FASHION FILES: FASHION FROM ICELAND
- A SMALL YET CHARMING LOS ANGELES BUNGALOW
- PRETTY BLUE THINGS
- THE PERFECT SUMMER OUTFIT
- HANDCRAFTED DESIGN FROM POP & SCOTT
- THE FOOD FILES: HOMEMADE DADE ALMOND TRUFFLES
- A MODERNIST BEACH HOUSE IN SYDNEY
- A WHITE WASHED HOLIDAY HOME ON NISYROS, GREECE
- A STABLE TURNED INTO A CONTEMPORARY HOME ON IBIZA