Christin Johansson is a Swedish artist living in Copenhagen. As a trained nurse and ceramicist, Christin challenges the traditionalism of the ceramic trade through her clinical, almost sterile sculptural objects and wares that draw inspiration from hospital and industrial environments.
Christin: ‘My tableware reflects my fascination for plastic packaging. Shapes and forms we see every day and, still, we hardly notice them. My intention is to make people realise the form – not just the function.’ All her products are made from white porcelain, cast or hand built, with an unglazed exterior and shiny, transparent glaze on the inside. Check out her website to see her entire line. I especially love the tableware collection!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- INTERIOR EYE CANDY
- THE FASHION FILES: STYLISH SNOW & WINTER GEAR
- HANDMADE ETSY TREASURES
- TINE K SUMMER 2017 COLLECTION SHOT ON IBIZA
- A HUNTING CABIN TURNED INTO A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME
- WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL 2017
- DIY CHRISTMAS GINGERBREAD GIFT TAGS
- SIMPLY STYLE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS BY OI SOI OI
- GET IN THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT – PART 1
- A BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN WITH A STUNNING CHANDELIER