Christin Johansson is a Swedish artist living in Copenhagen. As a trained nurse and ceramicist, Christin challenges the traditionalism of the ceramic trade through her clinical, almost sterile sculptural objects and wares that draw inspiration from hospital and industrial environments.
Christin: ‘My tableware reflects my fascination for plastic packaging. Shapes and forms we see every day and, still, we hardly notice them. My intention is to make people realise the form – not just the function.’ All her products are made from white porcelain, cast or hand built, with an unglazed exterior and shiny, transparent glaze on the inside. Check out her website to see her entire line. I especially love the tableware collection!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A SWEDISH SEASIDE HOME WITH CHARM AND CHARACTER
- GREAT BASIC FASHION ITEMS BY EVERLANE
- NATURAL STYLE FURNITURE & HOME DECOR ACCESSORIES
- A BOHO CHIC CONTEMPORARY BEACH HOUSE IN SYDNEY
- DIY CLAY AND DRIFTWOOD SPOONS
- FALL FAVORITES FASHION ITEMS
- BEAUTIFUL COLORS TO GET INTO FALL SPIRIT
- HANDMADE LAMA & CACTUS NURSERY MOBILE
- A COSY HOLIDAY HOME IN BYRON BAY, AUSTRALIA
- UP TO 40% DISCOUNT AT J. CREW