Christin Johansson is a Swedish artist living in Copenhagen. As a trained nurse and ceramicist, Christin challenges the traditionalism of the ceramic trade through her clinical, almost sterile sculptural objects and wares that draw inspiration from hospital and industrial environments.
Christin: ‘My tableware reflects my fascination for plastic packaging. Shapes and forms we see every day and, still, we hardly notice them. My intention is to make people realise the form – not just the function.’ All her products are made from white porcelain, cast or hand built, with an unglazed exterior and shiny, transparent glaze on the inside. Check out her website to see her entire line. I especially love the tableware collection!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- KIDS ROOMS WITH PRIMARY COLORS
- BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNTS – HAPPY SHOPPING!
- CYBERWEEK: 30-40% DISCOUNT AT J.CREW
- A COLORFUL AUSTRALIAN HOME WITH A BOHEMIAN VIBE
- A SWEDISH HOME WITH A RAW EDGE
- CYBERWEEK: SHOP AT MADEWELL WITH 25% DISCOUNT
- THE HOLIDAY SEASON: A FOXY GIFT GUIDE FOR KIDS
- FINE LITTLE DAY FROM SWEDEN
- BEAUTIFUL STYLED KIDS ROOM BY RAFA KIDS
- WONDERFUL WINTER WHITE FASHION PIECES