Christin Johansson is a Swedish artist living in Copenhagen. As a trained nurse and ceramicist, Christin challenges the traditionalism of the ceramic trade through her clinical, almost sterile sculptural objects and wares that draw inspiration from hospital and industrial environments.
Christin: ‘My tableware reflects my fascination for plastic packaging. Shapes and forms we see every day and, still, we hardly notice them. My intention is to make people realise the form – not just the function.’ All her products are made from white porcelain, cast or hand built, with an unglazed exterior and shiny, transparent glaze on the inside. Check out her website to see her entire line. I especially love the tableware collection!
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A FASHION DESIGNER’S SUMMER HOME IN TUNESIA
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LIGHT FIXTURES
- AN ARTIST’S HOME ON THE COSTA BRAVA IN SPAIN
- SUMMER SHADES OF PINK
- A SMALL SEA FRONT HOME IN FRANCE
- AN ECLECTIC BOHEMIAN APARTMENT IN SWEDEN
- THE ULTIMATE MOUNTAIN ESCAPE IN THE SWISS ALPS
- LEATHER HEADBOARD BY DANISH STUDIO BY THORNAM
- A SMALL ONE-BEDROOM APARTMENT IN SWEDEN
- WINTER WONDERLAND MOOD BOARD