The colorful pillows showed in the images of yesterday’s post got me inspired to show more pillows. I have been seeing a lot of these thick ‘mattress pillows’. These are great to create an unique and colorful (and not so expensive) sofa and/or seating area. I love the image above (from Marie Claire Maison), the vibrant pillows work really well with the white plastered walls.
More colorful pillows in this image above. The image below is from the portfolio of stylist Selina Lake.
On the coffee table there is the copper teapot I am so happy with!
It is easy to recreate the same look. IKEA has some great square cushions in their summer collection. These are quite soft and perhaps not suitable for a sofa. I myself use some heavy quality cushions that are hand-made in Morocco. These are available from Le Souk and can be ordered in other colors and sizes upon request (just send an email if you are interested).
The sofas in the image above and below are from Roche Bobois. Gorgeous but not very affordable!
The modular sofas are from their Les Voyages collection. Visit Roche Bobois’ website for more information or to find a retailer.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A MODERN & ELEGANT APARTMENT IN GOTHENBURG
- AN AMULET NECKLACE MADE OF DRIFTWOOD AND LAPIS
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND
- WEEKEND ESCPAPE: A RUSTIC CHIC HOME IN TULUM
- A LIGHT AND CONTEMPORARY APARTMENT IN MELBOURNE
- THE TRAVEL FILES: PENDER LEA BARN IN AUSTRALIA
- COTTON & FLAX HOME DECOR AND ACCESSORIES
- MARGOT KAT’S BEAUTIFUL DESIGNS INSPIRED BY NATURE
- A RENOVATED EDWARDIAN COTTAGE IN MELBOURNE
- A SMALL BUT COZY HOME IN STOCKHOLM