Topoware china is now for sale on Etsy. Topoware, a collaboration between Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino from Canada and Karola Torkos from Germany, was recently featured in the New York Times. The tableware collection questions the landscape of dining. Taking inspiration from the recent popularity of geography as a media of communication (with Google maps) and more specifically with topographic maps, which define heights of a landscape two dimensionally, Topoware in turn, “outlines” the dining experience.
Made up of cups, plates, bowls, placemats and a tablecloth, the collection explores the visual and social landscape of dining by using outlines and descriptions to describe, question and push our eating experience, making it really feel like a journey. Clicke here to visit their Etsy store.
ABOUTThe Style Files is Danielle de Lange’s daily weblog about design and (life) style. More>>
- A COZY CHRISTMAS TABLE WITH IITTALA CANDLE HOLDERS
- A NEW YORK FAMILY HOME IN HOLIDAY SPIRIT
- A WINTER BBQ IN A DUTCH BARN
- A SWEDISH WINTER WONDERLAND HOME
- MODERN STYLE CANDLE HOLDERS
- A LITTLE BIT OF CHRISTMAS RED
- WEEKEND ESCAPE: A FAMILY HOME IN THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS
- MAGICAL HANDMADE LIGHTS
- A STYLIST’S CHRISTMAS HOME
- A LARGE FAMILY HOME IN THE NETHERLANDS